CRT to LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRT to LCD

I switched from a 22 inch crt running at 1280x1064 to a 22 inch widescreen lcd running at 1680x1050, and it seems like i am running alot slower, as in sprinting speed. Feels like I'm walking. Also I can feel some mouselag. What gives, and is there anything I can change in engine.ini to correct this problem?

No. It's your monitor/ eyes.

Comment

Hmm, I wish I could increase fov to a higher rate as I know the higher the fov, the faster you seem to move, albeit everything is kinda squished.

Comment

You can change the FOV in the UTEngine.ini. Min is 80, Max is 100. You can also type in the console "FOV 100" and it will temporarily change it.

There supposedly is increased input lag in an LCD compared to a CRT. There was a rather interesting thread about that. It should be in the first 10 pages if you wanted to look for it.

Comment

you can set the fov in the advanced video settings

the input lag of lcd screens should not be that noticable. has your lcd screen a higher resolution than the crt screen? higher resolution=lower fps=more input lag if prerender is enabled on your video card

Comment

Yes, see this http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=611831

Comment

Disable vsync to eliminate the mouselag.

Comment

that's strange, i always noticed when prerender was enabled on my video card, but never felt any lag on my tft screen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag
                this wikipedia article says that only the overdrive panels have this

Comment

Overdrive contributes to mouselag, but even CRTs can get it. My TFT even gets mouselag even when I disable overdrive completely; the defining factor is vsync.

Comment

The native resolution, and how much power you have to push with your vid card(s) can limit you with an lcd. Also, the refresh rate, alike the native resolution are fixed. A crt is more versatile allowing you to select what you want. I believe that I read somewhere that an lcd monitor unlike a crt is dependent upon how much power you have to push. And since say, your native resolution is 1280x1024@60hz, you cannot completely force your lcd to do anything lower without having problems like hitches and such. But guy was right about the vsync causing problems. If you do have vsync enabled, and your lcd has a native resolution 1280x1024@60hz, regardless what you have forced in your ini's, your maximum refresh rate is capped@60. I may be wrong about this so please, correct me if I am wrong.

Someone please explain this clearer, I cannot summon the words.

Comment

sorry, are you sure you did not unwillingly raise resolution too much?
                      my LG204 (20inch, max 1680) runs fine when I play GOW or UT3 @ 1204*768 ...
                      also vsync might be involved somehow.
                      but when it comes about pure performances, LCD vs CRT does not make that whole lot of difference (I might be wrong, but I never really heard of it)

Comment

everyone in this thread talking about framerate:

it has nothing to do with it.

megadeth switched to a widescreen resolution, and the primitive way that ut3 handles widescreen resolutions is to chop off the top and bottom. it makes the fov seem narrower, therefore running and walking speed look slower. it would be great if epic uncapped the fov to 108 for 16:10 widescreens and higher for 16:9 widescreens, but they don't do it, and it's a huge annoyance.

Comment

Working...
                        X