PS3 Ranking system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Ranking system

I know the ranking system doesn't matter much to a lot of people, myself included however I would like to see a regular refresh of the leaderboard just to keep it interesting for people who do have a preference over their rank.

At the moment as I understand it people who are ranked number 1 cannot drop unless they are beaten by lower ranked players, so if they don't play what can other players do about this? Wouldn't it make more sense to wipe the leaderboard every month or 2 months just to keep it fresh and make sure that players can always compete for rankings.

id rather see your rank go up when you dont play. but like over a week not a day or 2.

Comment

The game itself is satisfaction enough...but when your rankings are good it's like a little extra "You Are Awesome" bonus! (^^)

Comment

When you do refresh it once in a week, than it's just the player who played the most and has some skill is nr 1 :P

Comment

Originally posted by surfacing8671 View Post
          id rather see your rank go up when you dont play. but like over a week not a day or 2.
          That's stupid. I could rank up by not playing at all.

It should decrease your ELO rating for not playing regularly. That's the fair way of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post

It should decrease your ELO rating for not playing regularly. That's the fair way of doing it.
            You mis undestand him, When your ELO goes down, your rank goes up, the person with the highest ELO has the lowest rank (#1)

Comment

Refreshing the board (I think) is something that should have been put into place from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post

i confuse myself too when im talking to other people about it. up can be down and down can be up!

Comment

I realise everyone is entitled to their opinion and thanks for voting but I just don't see how it keeps the community interested if it is nearly impossible to get to the top. I agree with broken disk that a refreshed leaderboard should have been implemented from the start.

I played a game on another console which had weekly leaderboards and I do feel this wasn't long enough but I do feel that every month a new leaderboard would make more people want to play, it would also clear out alot of the account that people have never used more than a few times.

Comment

i dont like the idea of totally refrshing the leaderboard. i think that inactive players should lose there rank and not remain idle. i think it can be fun trying to get into the top 100 but if it refreshes every month then all you effort goes to waste. but yeah theres a lot of top 100 players that dont even play anymore.

Comment

Yeah that sounds like a pretty good idea, so rather than refreshing the leaderboard, the accounts that are idle for 1 month are removed from their rank (not losing their stats). Surely wouldn't be that hard to erase elo status without it affecting stats.

Comment

Working...
                      X