impact hammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tidds View Post
    it deflects bio goo ..well primary fire anyways .
    It does? Really?

Then it may deflect rockets as well... can someone test this? Or hell, if anyone wants to test with me, then add me: Vulkor (PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Wasted Time View Post
      Impact Hammer alt fire will kill mantas. It takes timing and practice, but a damaged manta takes one connecting hit of alt fire. Healthy manta 2 hits. Its not automatic like the primary fire, ya have ta time it. I'm not perfect with it, but good and getting better. Once i kill a manta ***** with it a few times, he backs off and i'm chasing him. That's cool.

I am pretty sure it is automatic, as soon as the manta hits you, it "impacts"

Comment

Hehehe I love usin the impact hammer (pretty much use it all the time in a crowded Biohazard although I genereally try to avoid that map and crowded DM servers in general).

However in warfare u can't use it all the time and gotta time ur usages well - nothin better than waitin for the orb carrier on tank crossin or powersurge to jump down from above and give him a fully loaded hammer in the face Or in a crowded situation by the nodes u can always sneak up on someone and whoop.

If u think it's lame u must've been owned real bad by someone who's good with it - u know **** well some people panic like hell when u got the hammer I done ran people with shock rifles into corners and hammered em to death cause they dunno wtf to do.

So use it in applicable situations I say

Comment

Originally posted by {AiC}ZzyzX View Post
          I am pretty sure it is automatic, as soon as the manta hits you, it "impacts"
          I stand corrected. I played today, and it did auto-fire on a manta, and killed em. I think i might not have been aiming good enough. I killed mantas today firing the alt fire, and letting it autofire on impact. Both brought kills of mantas, and i survived both. That rocks cause big mean mantas pickin on poor defenseless, avrilless me.

Comment

i love the hammer and the bodyparts flying all over the map

Comment

does it really deflect goo if so is it primary or alternate fire and then why dosent it deflect rockets like it used to.

Comment

im a total impact hammer *****, and i found that playing lots of deathmatch with impact only really improves your movement skills and how aware you are of your surroundings. nothing better than wall dodging into someone backpedling haha.

impact can stop rockets, but any good player aims rockets towards the feet of the player, so the splash damage cant be blocked. the best weapon to use against an impact hammer is the alt fire of the plasmarifle. not only does it do a good amount of damage but it hinders there movement and prevents them from dodging towards you.

Comment

If you let someone get close enough to you to hit you with the impact hammer and you die then you deserve it... plain and simple.

On the other hand if you kill someone with a shock combo or any other weapon and they have the impact hammer out and they say "WTFWTFTTTF##@%$@ that's cheap I had the impact out" then they deserve to die. That's what they get for bringing a mêlée weapon to a gun fight.

It's not the killers fault the victims make poor choices in weaponry.

Comment

impact can stop rockets, but any good player aims rockets towards the feet of the player, so the splash damage cant be blocked. the best weapon to use against an impact hammer is the alt fire of the plasmarifle. not only does it do a good amount of damage but it hinders there movement and prevents them from dodging towards you.[/QUOTE]

He means the Link. And yeah, this works really well, it also really hinders a guy trying to use the stinger on you when up close and personal. Can anybody test the bio-rifle repellant thing, I really want to know!

Comment

yeah, i ment the link gun

replying to CVROY's comment, thats what makes the impact hammer fun for me to use, especially on someone whos good. you realy have to be on your game predicting where your enemy is going to move and lead them where you need them to be, while dodging there attacks. if they have a link gun or flak cannon though, its best to switch weapons asap lol.

im going to test the bio deflect, i think it can defect all kinds of bio except a fully charged shot.

Comment

i played on a tdm server the other day that had like 25 people stuft into deck. it was freakin great. with so many people running around, ammo was kind of at a premium, so it was "hammer time". it totally reminds me to dodge way more, and it makes me be more agile.it's not like i ***** myself out to it, i just use it on occasion when other weps are not available yet. and how can anyone not enjoy all the gore it throws on screen...

EDIT: affirmative on killing mantas with the alt fire and i managed to break apart a wounded viper with one today as well.

Comment

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3stats.php?id=113266302

Yay I have reached 100 Jackhammers

Thank you all for participating in me being able to reach this centinary event

4971 IH kills/ 1447 deaths

Comment

Hi Impact Hammer arguers !

I just released an "Impact Hammer only" map, that you can find here:
                            http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=705006

I am deeply weird for sure

But it was the one and only weapon to fit a football theme BombingRun map !
                            I've got a nice custom hXc soundtrack thanks to "NO GUTS NO GLORY" !
                            You can try to reach their drummer's speed by angrily loading your Hammers !

Give it a try ! Would love to have your impressions ! Good or bad

PD: Do you know other Impact Hammer only maps ?

Comment

Seriously hammer is powerfull and well used it s better than all weapon in SPECIFIC situation: 1. it s easy to destroy a scavenger or a nightshade with it
                              2. When nightshade use the protection mine i like use it against orb and other pp
                              3. etc

Comment

Working...
                              X