• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
    on PC's FPS equals refresh rate.
    Learn you some facts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refresh_rate

Comment

but the idea itself of creating pc that are "certified" for games is nice.
      look under the "technical and troubleshooting" forum...
      it would be nothing short of a dream to forget compatibility and driver issue, and have a system where you put the disc and you just play...

Comment

Console...ing the PC. It can work as long as the price is right.

Comment

grimreaper: You will never be able to just pop a disc in a play. You are always going to have to download patches for the game, and even if you buy one of these certified computers it's still going to need updated drivers the moment you take it out of the box.

sincreator: Consoles are becoming more PCized and not the other way around. Back in the day of cartridges you popped that thing in and it ran. You might crash on random occasions, but hardly ever. Now that consoles have hard drives and web access, the need to produce a finished product is no longer there. Ten years ago, who would've ever thought that a console game would have to be patched? Not I.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
            grimreaper: You will never be able to just pop a disc in a play. You are always going to have to download patches for the game, and even if you buy one of these certified computers it's still going to need updated drivers the moment you take it out of the box.

sincreator: Consoles are becoming more PCized and not the other way around. Back in the day of cartridges you popped that thing in and it ran. You might crash on random occasions, but hardly ever. Now that consoles have hard drives and web access, the need to produce a finished product is no longer there. Ten years ago, who would've ever thought that a console game would have to be patched? Not I.
            I see what your saying. I was more referring to the prices. 10 years ago you would never of found gaming PC's under 1000$. Now with the prices dropping the way they have on current hardware, its becoming pretty close to the price of a 360/PS3, for a nice upgrade. So when someone is considering a PS3/360, a third option(PC) is available that can play games and alot more. The prices on PC's have dropped alot, but still need to come down a little bit more. Then if I personaly was faced with a decision between one of the three, it would for sure be a PC. Do alot more, and upgrade when needed.

Comment

Working...
            X