The AMD GAME certified PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AMD GAME certified PC

It would seem that AMD was reading this forum a while back when we had a thread about this exact topic

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/14759

Sweet. I hope it works.

Comment

I didn't realize you were Bobba Novis, lol. I always wondered why I didn't see you in game when you said you used our server frequently . Good stuff!

Interesting about the GAME! tags. My AMD system doesn't qualify .

Comment

Too bad they don't offer free upgrades to GAME certification, eh?

Comment

I figured it would not hurt to list the nick and platform now that the ps3 invasion is upon us.

Now Intel and Nvidia have the next move. I doubt it will be long before they come out with thier GAME! certified platform. This could be very good for PC gaming.

I just hope this brings more players back to PC gaming. Consumers can buy a PC that will actually be able to play games. Then I will finally be able to improve my kill/death ratio.

Comment

That is so fail...Uhm 30 fps at 1280*1024 with the games listed there...
            With those games you can easily get 60 fps with that system setup...That would of sound better...

Comment

Hopefully this will help developers, as well. If they have an idea of sock set-ups to aim for, they might try to make sure their games at least work on those configurations, which might help decrease compatibility issues in the future.
              Maybe...

Comment

Nope. Developers know what kind of platforms they're targeting. They're not retarded. That's why they do hardware surveys at the end of many game installations/registrations. A sticker is not going to tell developers what to aim for; all it does is tell people what systems AMD wants them to buy.

Comment

Minimum 30 fps, that isn't really worth a "gaming certification".

Edit: Just noticed there was 2 levels, ok then. Still think they could have raised the bar a little bit, 30 fps don't work in 1st person shooters.

Comment

Hmmm............should I go with one of those new AMD "game" certifieds or this?

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
                      Minimum 30 fps, that isn't really worth a "gaming certification".

Edit: Just noticed there was 2 levels, ok then. Still think they could have raised the bar a little bit, 30 fps don't work in 1st person shooters.
                      They do elaborate on how they ran the benchmarks in the pics. But, I think those systems could be tweaked to run much better.

If you look at the 3 pics, there is more info, like the enthusiast level with crossfire.

Comment

Originally posted by R-66Y View Post
                        Hmmm............should I go with one of those new AMD "game" certifieds or this?
                        The 2nd one of course. AMD does not have anything to beat an Intel setup like that.

Comment

Yeah, gotta go with the Intel quad core on that one.

Comment

I cannot even find that old thread. But, it's like they did exactly what we told them, or what we speculated/posted. Something to do with PC games and some sort of PC gaming promotion group EPIC/Mark was talking about. Pretty quick action by a brand that needs redemption. Maybe this will turn things around for PC gaming. The sooner the better I say, it was pretty sparse tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by R-66Y View Post
                              i would go for the custom built one. the amd one is ok but not as good as the one you got in the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X