Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Species Statistics

Hi everyone,
    Does anybody know if while playing online (or offline for that matter), if there are species statistics, which means that different characters possess different abilities. It seems as if robots can dodge farther, female characters such as Jester can jump the highest, and the Krall are the slowest on foot. I am aware that in Unreal Tournament 2004, while playing Instant Action there was a mutator for species statistics. Online game-play had none, as all players had the same speed, moving abilities, damage amounts taken and hit, and hit-box. But for Ut3?
    Thanks.

I have not heard of one, unfortunately.

Comment

ive noticed that the krall are not as manovarable (spelling?) on the hoverboard, unlike some of the other characters like the liandri robots are very agile on them.....

Comment

this was my point exactly lol, thank you. im mostly a flag runner so i want to close a character who has the best dodging/running/hoverboard skills

Comment

In theory they should all be the same.

Comment

hahaha species statistics = Unreal Racism

Comment

This is patently false. All characters move exactly the same. Stop spreading these irresponsible lies. There are no differences in the skin/model's abilities. Half the time the skins don't even show up in the game anyway.

Comment

haha ok. then why is it that, for example, the Liandri Robots seem more agile while on the Hoverboard, compared to the Krall guys who look like they are about to fall off? Is this just a projection thing or what?

Comment

I've got two words

optical illusion

Comment

Originally posted by element_45 View Post
                    I've got two words

optical illusion
                    Exactly.

Regardless of model/skin, gameplay is completely unaffected. Bulkier characters seem less agile, simply because they appear clumsy.

The way the individual bots are programmed, however, may come into question. Though jump/dodge height/distance is unaffected, some bots may be programmed to jump/dodge more/less, to have better/poorer aim, etc... This has nothing to do with the model/skin, however.

Comment

ok thanks for the straight answers guys

Comment

Some friends of mine did a test and they found the Krall have the smallest hit box

Comment

Originally posted by Phantaci View Post
                          Some friends of mine did a test and they found the Krall have the smallest hit box
                          All characters have exactly the same hit box size.

Krall hitboxes seem smaller only because their model seems bigger. Also, their headshot zone is a little wonky with respect to their model.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                            Exactly.

Regardless of model/skin, gameplay is completely unaffected. Bulkier characters seem less agile, simply because they appear clumsy.

The way the individual bots are programmed, however, may come into question. Though jump/dodge height/distance is unaffected, some bots may be programmed to jump/dodge more/less, to have better/poorer aim, etc... This has nothing to do with the model/skin, however.

What he said.

Comment

the only charecter advantage is with the necris species. they can be hard to see exspecially the girl you unlock with a code.

Comment

Working...
                              X