Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to use the 360 controller for PC? Try this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to use the 360 controller for PC? Try this.

First off, I would like to say that some people just plain perfer a controller over a kb/m. So we dont need a load of flames here people. If this helps alot of people, who knows, maybe the amount of online players will rise. Im just tring to help people that r switching from the console, or have never used a kb/m for gaming at all. So anyway this should make things alot less complicated.

Use xpadder. Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mlem54mobq (program)

And these: http://www.mediafire.com/?v1xmmtdjd1l (button layout)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gfgwccy44m9 (controller layout)

You will need to set the mouse sensitivity in-game to 5000 or higher. I play at 6500 right now. DO NOT enable the in-game controller, or they WILL conflict with each other.

So basically Ive done all the work for u. All you have to do is download the first file and open it, then you will notice a little 360 controller symbol, and a page symbol. Both have empty white boxes next to them. When you first download the 3 files, make sure that they are in the same directory, so when u need to load them you will know where to find them. So click the first icon and load the file from that directory, then click the page icon and load the other file from that directory. Done! Load UT3 and play.

PS: Xpadder can be used outside of a game, and it brings controller support to ANY game, even the ones with no controller support at all. It also doubles as a remote control. You can move the mouse pointer around with the anolog stick, and left trigger and right trigger are the left/right mouse buttons. Scroll is the bumpers. The only thing u cant do is type. lol.

Nice, I wonder if a no-brand 10€ gamepad could do the trick...
    Originally posted by sincreator View Post
    The only thing u cant do is type. lol.
    Unless someone implements this:
    [shot]http://turtlegt.planetaclix.pt/xboxkeyboard.png[/shot]
    It ran (sort of ) on a cracked Xbox and I used a compiler made by enthusiasts. It was a few years ago, so I don't remember much more. But it was something like:
    - Press one of the color keys to select the group
    - Use one of the analog(?) sticks to select the char you want to type
    - You could use the rest for the most common keystrokes, like space, backspace, enter, shift, esc, directional keys, etc...
    - Use shift to select an alternative pad, with capital letters, digits and remaining symbols. I guess that the digits on the main would be better though

I remember that I "typed" at decent speed. Almost as fast as using a mobile phone keypad.

Comment

Xpadder works for most, if not all controllers. The profiles I supplied here are just for the 360 controller.

Comment

i know i few players on xbox360 the are playing UT3 on the pc WITH A XBOX360 CONTROLLER so they can get 1up on everyone.

i haven't done it because i think is cheap and unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by psychoflex View Post
          i know i few players on xbox360 the are playing UT3 on the pc WITH A XBOX360 CONTROLLER so they can get 1up on everyone.

Thats your loss I guess. Just think, how many PS3 people will be going to the 360 aswell, and they have a 5-6 month jump on the 360 players too. Before everyone starts flaming, there are alot of gamers out there that own ps3/360.

Comment

Thats your loss I guess. Just think, how many PS3 people will be going to the 360 aswell, and they have a 5-6 month jump on the 360 players too. Before everyone starts flaming, there are alot of gamers out there that own ps3/360.

my i don't think so because when it come to UNREAL on the xbox i always been
            with the top players as far as 1vs1

the ps3 players well the CONTROLLERs ain't same and thats why i am not even thinking about them

Comment

my i don't think so because when it come to UNREAL on the xbox i always been
              with the top players as far as 1vs1

the ps3 players well the CONTROLLERs ain't same and thats why i am not even thinking about them
              Well i've never used a kb/m for the Unreal series, and I wasnt about to wait 6 months, when I could get it for my com right away, day 1. If that makes me better when the 360 version comes out, so be it. You'll have some catching up to do I guess.

Comment

Well i've never used a kb/m for the Unreal series, and I wasnt about too wait 6 months, when I could get it for my com right away, day 1. If that makes me better when the 360 version comes out, so be it. You'll have some catching up to do I guess.

hahahahah kept thinking like that

i ain't worry about catching up because even know the you may get better
                i really don't think that will put on my level

Comment

hahahahah kept thinking like that

i ain't worry about catching up because even know the you may get better
                  i really don't think that will put on my level
                  Save it for the game. Not responding anymore. Too much flamebait.

Comment

Save it for the game. Not responding anymore. Too much flamebait.
                    yeah go back to your training.

Comment

^lol pwned

Comment

I have a cheap *** 10$ game pad and works fine with UT3, tried it a couple of times but I prefer M\KB tho.

Comment

I hope you mean it's unfair for future UT3 360 players, a controller sure doesn't put PC players at a disadvantage.

Comment

it's only unfair for future UT3 360 players the never play an unreal game.

Comment

You try to help people and this is what you get. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X