jumpboot/impact hammer jumps (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tWc_imminent View Post
    people with controllers can do it too... all you gotta do is run towards that lil ramp in the sand with a charged up impact hammer just and you get to the peak of teh lip look directly down and jump+release the hammer then double jump at the peak of that with teh jump boots and bam your up on the ledge with the blue flag.
    I was saying that we couldn't do his method (including the last minute 180 turn) with a controller, I know we can make the hammer jump

Comment

Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post
      and jump right before releasing the hammer for a higher jump
      Isn't it right after you release impact hammer. Though it doesnt matter, a controller player will never be able to do the kind of impact hammer jumps a kb/m player can. It is nearly impossible to use controller for impact jumps and impact double jumps.

Comment

Dont get me wrong you can get the easy ones, but most are too difficult to master with a controller, at least for me but i dont generally waste health:P

Comment

Originally posted by ICE-Rhettro View Post
          Isn't it right after you release impact hammer. Though it doesnt matter, a controller player will never be able to do the kind of impact hammer jumps a kb/m player can. It is nearly impossible to use controller for impact jumps and impact double jumps.
          you can do the impact double jumps with the controller... but its easier with kb/m of course. on sandstorm its quite easy and you can practice the height needed to get up to the really high towers...

i just point the impact hammer down while moving forward then jum and release the hammer and then i press jump again when i think im at the tip of that jump.

Comment

i dont think there is a difference between k+m and controller, it is just matter of preference.

Comment

Watch kentarii his movies

All the jumps are inside.
              Hammer jumps ftw ;p, best way to reach shortcuts and save core shoot places :P

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...f&search_type=

click and watch all the parts

Comment

What u really want to learn is not the Impact Hammer Jump, but the Impact Hammer Dodge with boots, suddenly gravity has no bounds.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xKorrStyle

Check out [K1]SensationBlack's Youtube Page, there is IH Jump runs on VCTF maps and also a short tutorial on how to do jumps and dodges with Impact Hammer. I don't know how this will translate over to PS3, but I figure it should help. And watching the videos are cool as hell. I am just finally starting to be able to do these in Pub games whoohoo.

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
                  Yeah, the hammer needs to make contact with the floor, gotcha : )

Anybody that uses a controller is restricted, I've seen videos of PS3 players with controllers and to be honest they do not have the versatility someone using mouse an keyboard has. If you really want to get good, with all the tricks etc, then get a mouse and keyboard, your game will improve no end.
                  Can u plug a mouse and keyboard into the ps3? i wasnt aware of that

Comment

I think so, I'm no exactly sure since I'm a PC player, but I think ive seen threads where the KB and mouse players on PS3 can't dodge or something.

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HXzKV9Xmj9M&fmt=18

Comment

Working...
                      X