jumpboot/impact hammer jumps (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jumpboot/impact hammer jumps (PS3)

in VCTF you can do these quite easily in sandstorm to get up and over the centre wall, but cos of the crappy controllers its difficult and doesn't always work...
    does anyone have any tips or could tell me how to do them to get the maximum height etc...

PC players can help too because its easier to do them on there apparently...

The way I do Impact jumps... Run in the direction you want to go, loading up the hammer, do a quick 180º turn and aim about 30º from vertical at the floor, release the hammer and jump, turn 180º in the air and continue on your way.

Comment

and jump right before releasing the hammer for a higher jump

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
        The way I do Impact jumps... Run in the direction you want to go, loading up the hammer, do a quick 180º turn and aim about 30º from vertical at the floor, release the hammer and jump, turn 180º in the air and continue on your way.
        ahh... i try and jump and release the hammer at the same time... prob why it dont work lol cos its only worth it with the jump boots cos then u get sum amazing height...

Comment

Not possible with a controller unless you have the sensitivity set near max which is really difficult to aim with.

Comment

Originally posted by alx-ndr View Post
            ahh... i try and jump and release the hammer at the same time... prob why it dont work lol cos its only worth it with the jump boots cos then u get sum amazing height...
            Your not going to have time to Hammer Jump and dont worry about jump boots because i\'ve timed the spawn and I\"ll steal yours everytime. Late

NRG

Comment

Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post
              and jump right before releasing the hammer for a higher jump
              Ooh, I never knew that : )

Comment

Ooh, I never knew that : )
                yeah the momentum of the hammer is added to your current speed so that helps
                but do it as fast as possible because when you release the hammer to late it has no effect anymore

Comment

Yeah, the hammer needs to make contact with the floor, gotcha : )

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                  Not possible with a controller unless you have the sensitivity set near max which is really difficult to aim with.
                  Anybody that uses a controller is restricted, I've seen videos of PS3 players with controllers and to be honest they do not have the versatility someone using mouse an keyboard has. If you really want to get good, with all the tricks etc, then get a mouse and keyboard, your game will improve no end.

Comment

Anybody that uses a controller is restricted, I've seen videos of PS3 players with controllers and to be honest they do not have the versatility someone using mouse an keyboard has. If you really want to get good, with all the tricks etc, then get a mouse and keyboard, your game will improve no end.
                    Which videos, I've played with most of the best PS3 players (both controller and K+M users) and though there are things that K+M player are better than I don't really see any difference in performance between them.

Comment

Hmm, not sure now, found them on Youtube or it might've been gametrailers.com a few weeks back, but the way they moved and aimed, it was watching bots play, very linear and undynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by Godlike_NRG View Post
                        Your not going to have time to Hammer Jump and dont worry about jump boots because i\'ve timed the spawn and I\"ll steal yours everytime. Late

NRG
                        lol... luke you idiot, you got banned again... stop trying.

do you remember me hammer jumping on top of your towers in sandstorm?
                        so yeh i do have time, you were just there with the fury and shot down my pickup fury then i shot you down i believe =]

basically its the distance i need... hammer jumping on top of things is easy (i have the height no problem). it when i try and do a side ways hammer jump to get from one of the towers in sandstorm to the redeemer section.

i refuse to play NRG when luke is playing... my clan i behind me on this one i hope.

NRG without luke... yes.

Comment

people with controllers can do it too... all you gotta do is run towards that lil ramp in the sand with a charged up impact hammer just and you get to the peak of teh lip look directly down and jump+release the hammer then double jump at the peak of that with teh jump boots and bam your up on the ledge with the blue flag.

Comment

tell'em imminent ~.^

Comment

i figured that out in 10 seconds lol

Comment

Working...
                              X