This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need some servers where UT3 could more pleasant for UT2004 players

If you don't like that, you are free to not join. Optional. This is doesn't hurt anyone, so please stay away.

I don't know which of these make sense. You know better, then handpicked or add to the list:

* More hitscan. There's a "weapon replacement" mutator. I don't know if it is overkill, but replacing the enforcer by the shock rifle could work. At least while there's not a better option.

* No Orb on some of the servers, maps, whatever. There are lots of ONS players that don't like Warfare. Arguments like "you should learn to counter it, just adapt, get some skill" are pure ****. People don't like it, don't play, you should not make an effort to like anything. They stick to UT2004, UT3 is collecting dust.

* While UT2004 was floaty, here you are nailed to the ground. The same way there is an adjustable game speed mutator, there should be one mutator or setting that controls "gravity".

* Alternative node setups when possible. This has been done already, you don't have to change the map and download 60MB. He made a few .ini that did the trick

* Color desaturation is unpleasant as fsck. The UI should have this option, or controlled server side. There's already a mutator for this.

There you go. It's a pity that it isn't done on such a moddable game.

* Alternative node setups when possible. This has been done already, you don't have to change the map and download 60MB. He made a few .ini that did the trick

In other words, different linksetups, simply put these up by using ?linksetup= in the command when changing maps

Comment

Doesn't the "Muted" or "Intense" post-processing setting do more or less what you're asking for about the desaturation?

Comment

??? Is this general chat cause I dont understand anything your saying?

I want PS3 and 360 servers.

Comment

Go for it! Setup a server with all the necessary mutators to accomplish this and play away.

Comment

Have you downloaded WAR-Sentinals, WAR-AlienSands, WAR-Primeval, or WAR-Snakebite? Each is either no orb or has no orb setups. Each will be very familiar to Ut2004 players.

I played Ut2004 since it came out, ONS only online, but was late to online play and missed the peak. But, after I started playing WAR, I found I like WAR even better than ONS. The orb, the unlinked up for grab nodes, countdown nodes, new weapons, etc, are all real nice. Just takes a bit of a learning curve. I am still on the learning curve and may always be on it.

Comment

Let's use dodgejump mut for starters, fast weapon switch, little bit less gravity ( grav is too heave when you compare it to ut2004), no hoverboard, no falling on the ground, and for dm/(i)ctf maps where you can actually use dodgejump without hitting every wall.

Comment

Sys-X, we all have our preferences but to me it sounds you want it just to be like ut2k4, as alot of ut2k4 players used to tell me when I was complaining about how ut2k4 felt said I should just go back to ut99 (which I did and they were right, it's a different game with a different feel accept that it's not your old ut99 and in your case ut2k4)

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                  * No Orb on some of the servers, maps, whatever. There are lots of ONS players that don't like Warfare.
                  when patch 1.3 comes out which hopefully will fix the custom map problems you will find more servers which have no orb maps.

Some of us former 2k4 ONS players are working on some things to fix up WAR to suit us better. You will see some cool things in the near future.

Comment

UT3 has the best game play out of all the UT games. This is the general consensus among irc players.

2k4 Players do fine in UT3. Shock orbs may move faster but that just makes them harder to avoid than hit.

Stinger is an excellent scan weapon.

Comment

i think there should me a mut called
                      UT2004 Gameplay stile (implanted in the game)
                      that gives u the free choise of playing ut2k4 with u3 engine
                      ur ut3 with u3 engine if u know what i mean....
                      personally there are many things i dislike in ut3 some of those are vehicles, along many others...

Comment

OK then, you can read on some forums why lots of UT2004 guys didn't even buy, like, or load UT3. If that is solved, then some of them will join. Simple.

Comment

I sort of agree with you Benfica, but it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                            OK then, you can read on some forums why lots of UT2004 guys didn't even buy, like, or load UT3. If that is solved, then some of them will join. Simple.
                            Why would this matter? It surely sounds like they want 2k4 on the ut3 engine. I don't see where it stands that having them join would be any benefit to the people who enjoy ut3 as it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Insidiae View Post
                              Sys-X, we all have our preferences but to me it sounds you want it just to be like ut2k4, as alot of ut2k4 players used to tell me when I was complaining about how ut2k4 felt said I should just go back to ut99 (which I did and they were right, it's a different game with a different feel accept that it's not your old ut99 and in your case ut2k4)
                              He asked for a ut2004 player friendly serv, I just give some examples man. It's not preferences it's how ut2004 is. The mutators are there so what's your point, it's not I am asking for it..... Think twice before you qoute me, I never asked the question I am only giving feedback to the op's question.

Comment

Working...
                              X