Area 51 m9750 vs. Unreal 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Area 51 m9750 vs. Unreal 3

So I'm just about to buy my first gaming laptop ever. As the subject suggests, I'm getting an alienware Area 51 m9750. Several reasons why, several being price, hardware, so on so forth. How does Unreal run on this machine? If anyone has one and can let me know how this beast handles Unreal 3 (as I plan on getting it the day I get my new toy) I'd appreciate your input. Thanks

list the specs, and we'll help you.

Comment

[1] Area-51® m9750

Operating System (Office software not included): Windows Vista® Home Premium
      Notebook Tuners and Remotes: Without Media Center Remote Control or TV Tuner
      Video/Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® Series - Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8700M GT - SLI Enabled
      Enables DirectX® 10 Graphics and up to 100% Performance Increase!
      Chassis: 17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology - Stealth Black
      Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 2.0GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
      Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 2048MB
      System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (160GB x 2) 7,200RPM (8MB Cache) w/ Free Fall Protection
      Optical Drives : 8x Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW) w/ LightScribe Technology - View Demo
      Wireless Network Card: Internal Intel® PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g Mini-Card
      Sound Card : High-Definition Audio with surround sound

Basically got this maxxed for my budget. I know there's a few things I could improve but I've got a strict budget od $2500

Comment

I think it should not be a problem... Your system is better then mine (except CPU) and I play UT3 with constant 60 FPS (VSync )

Hope I could help.

shade.pt

Comment

Lol.

Hey, I'm using an m9750 right now with 2 7950 GTX's in SLI, 2 gigs of ram, Windows XP, and a 2.16 C2D Processor running at 1440x900. Expect the game to run, but please enjoy the FPS lag you will get when you die by a rocket, a flak cannon, a shock core, or anything that makes you explode, or anything that does explode. I'm not talking a small dip in frames either, I'm talking about going from a smooth 50-60 frames per second, to about 15-20 frames per second for 15 seconds. If you want to play UT3, don't even bother playing it on a laptop with SLI, buy the m15x from Alienware instead. I made the mistake of believing this thing could handle UT3, I don't want you to go through the same thing. To be fair though, it seems as though every SLI laptop is having troubles with this game, I can run every other game fine.

Comment

Don't buy a laptop for gaming !

Comment

Now are you guys playing on vista or XP is another question...

Comment

Unreal 3 is announced??!?!

Comment

yea dude, go to the store and buy unreal 3 ! It's amazing!

Comment

Working...
                  X