Assault mode anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault mode anyone?

Now with the contest (msu) is anyone working on an assault mode?
    I think that he who brings assault mode back will also bring the old ut players back , cause now all the servers are eampty...

Originally posted by GnabGib View Post
    Now with the contest (msu) is anyone working on an assault mode?
    I think that he who brings assault mode back will also bring the old ut players back , cause now all the servers are eampty...
    I am Alone here ...

Comment

Assault is, from my point of view, the gametype that everyone wants when it's not in the game, but no one really plays it when it's in! Assault maps need a lot of time to be made, which is not worth investing considering the gametype's popularity. A code to allow level designers to map for it might not be hard to make, though... I loved assault in 2k4 but lack of new levels moved me eventually to other gametypes...

Comment

Assault would be a nice addtion to the game, but I know if Assault returns, the trails and racemaps returns, too.
        I hate them, because they killed Assault and I don't want them back. From 100 public Assault servers were just 4 of them with REAL Assault maps. Three of them were non dedicated and the one dedicated one has just AS-Convoy as map.

Comment

you are not alone Assault was the best things to happen to ut and now look at it without it. A few things though, Assault was no unpopular Jolts Assault 1 server was the 4th most played server they owned. Assault publically was very popular, but was killed due to racemaps etc flooding the system meaning there was literally 1 public server left in Europe that played proper assault maps.

Assault lacked popularity in competitive play mostly due to its steep learning curve as u had to know a fair few tacts and tricks to get by which I loved also old ut99 players thought ut2004 assault was too linear for them. (i agree in some areas, but I guess its personnel preference I rather play a map that cant be bypassed stupid amounts with hammer). That said the ladder on clanbase and cups were the most competitive thing ever since the people who did play it competively played it witha passion and produced some of the best drama ever.

Introducing 3v3 Assauld showed assault didn't completely lack interest as I ran a successful petition for a 3v3 AS ladder on clanbase. The ladder had a brief period where popularity was big with new teams trying it, but as said above the lack of user input and creation of maps eventually saw this popularity fade.

Anyway enough on the history of assault as no doubt it will just trigger another uneeded debate on the subject again.

LESS talk more action, ffs someone make this mode

Comment

Working...
          X