Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cache Converter updated to V2.1

Updated to version 2.1

Hi guys, done a little bit of work on the standalone cache converter.

Previously, UT3CC emptied the cache folder after installing the maps.

Version 2.1 only removes the maps it installed

info can be found here

http://www.brad-g.com/ut3-cache-converter-v2-1-t4.html

Cool this is a good improvement thx.

Comment

no probs

Comment

What ***** shall i use where it says: "SELECT YOUR CACHE FOLDER" ?

I dont know where it is. Any help here?

PS: Any info on a release of a new Tweaker versjon?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
          Updated to version 2.1

Hi guys, done a little bit of work on the standalone cache converter.

Previously, UT3CC emptied the cache folder after installing the maps.

Version 2.1 only removes the maps it installed

info can be found here

http://www.brad-g.com/ut3-cache-converter-v2-1-t4.html
          Ye nice update.. Last time I used it I used that feature, and lost alot of the mutators. Not that it matters that much because mutators are usually small in size.

But still, nice fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Neivler View Post
            What ***** shall i use where it says: "SELECT YOUR CACHE FOLDER" ?

I dont know where it is. Any help here?

PS: Any info on a release of a new Tweaker versjon?
            in the future if you wouldnt mind asking for tech support on my forums... i cant keep up with everywhere lol www.brad-g.com ( i think you had registration issues in the past?... this is a new website)

in answer to your Q:

your cache folder is located in
            My documents\My Games\Unreal tournament3\

Navigate there and select the cache folder.

and to everyone else!

Ive released a new tool which is avilable for download.
            1. Name: UT3 Vice
            2. Version: 1.0
            3. Compatibility: Game patch 1.2 must be installed
            7. Credits: Brad G
            8. Homepage: www.brad-g.com
            9. Download: Visit here for download

The UT3 Vice - File compression/Decompression tool

Features:

Batch Conversion
            You can simply click Compress, or decompress, and the UT3 Vice will go through the list one by one until they have all been done.

Multiple format Handling
            Supports Compression/Decompression of .UT3 .UPK & .U file types

Tidy as you go
            Gives you the option to delete the original file after it has been compressed/Decompressed

Options
            Allows you to set where the UT3 Vice should be looking for files to convert, and where to save them to. The Vice remembers this information so you will only have to set it once

[screenshot]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/684/vicexo0.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

I have started coding V2 of the Vice.

The predominant feature of this release will be the Auto Upload to game server option after file compressions.

This way, after the Vice has compressed your files for you, it will then connect to your game server via FTP and upload the content automatically.

[screenshot]http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/906/vice2pk5.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

downloaded, and added to the collection.
                is this for guys serving games, or the casual player? why do i need this?

Comment

Server Admins: To compress content on the servers to speed up download speeds for those who joins.

General Players: Compress all the maps you have, and save on hard drive space

Comment

why can't you just add this to the ut3 tweaker? I don't understand why you constantly update separate programs when they eventually make their way into the tweaker anyway. Pretty pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by crucial View Post
                      why can't you just add this to the ut3 tweaker? I don't understand why you constantly update separate programs when they eventually make their way into the tweaker anyway. Pretty pointless.
                      The tweaker has over 13000 lines of code. in no way is it small, and its delicate.

Being the only designer of the tweaker, with so many different functions being coded in to Version 6, it is easier to release a couple as standalone tools for field testing, rather than editing the tweaker for a tool which may need repairing.
                      Furthermore, server administrators who need to compress maps wont be interested in tweaking crosshair and GFX settings. so why make them download 13+MB file, for one tool which is less than one MB.

it may be pointless to you, but any other programmers reading this will see the logical side.

Comment

Brad is doing the right thing.

Server Admins: To compress content on the servers to speed up download speeds for those who joins.

General Players: Compress all the maps you have, and save on hard drive space
                        keep up the good work Brad, and thanks for the explanation!
                        i can see how this will benefit me by saving drive space, my unreal folder weighs 8 gigs!

Comment

Working...
                        X