No announcement yet.

Keyboard and Mouse Advantage PS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a PC-jr two button joystick. I wanted you guys to know so you can't dispute my uber-1337ness. Seeing as I use the most inferior form of input of anyone here, I'm clearly the most skilled. Check it out:
    [shot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/PCjr_joystick.gif[/shot]

Comment

you guys crack me up.
      some people obviously prefer kb/m some people prefer pad.
      people tend to use what they are better with.
      on the PS3 version either way is about equal b/c of the games speed. i personally have more fun with the kb/m. but i rock with the controller just as much.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
        I use a PC-jr two button joystick. I wanted you guys to know so you can't dispute my uber-1337ness. Seeing as I use the most inferior form of input of anyone here, I'm clearly the most skilled. Check it out:
        So that's why you're always kicking my ****! I can't find that on NewEgg -- got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
          You're missing my point. No matter what you do to place the reticle where you want to hit is still 'aiming', unless you've somehow redefined that word. Now, quickly moving that reticle great distances is easier with a mouse, but technically it's still aiming, with or without. If it weren't, how could there be better/worse iCTF players on PC, for example?
          i guess but its still incomparable to controllers and so is unfair... thats the OP's point.

Comment

Originally posted by commiecat View Post
            So that's why you're always kicking my ****! I can't find that on NewEgg -- got a link?
            http://www.oldskool.org/shrines/pcjr_tandy

The PC-jr was a computer made in 1984 that I had when I was a toddler. Played my first games on it with that joystick. I can't even find a decent picture of the thing, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by alx-ndr View Post
              nah its reli not... cos anyone/everyone who isn't quadriplegic can do it, not everyone can aim well on ps3 which is why it requires skill. saying you are skilled at aiming on pc is like saying you are skilled at clicking off popups when they appear or you are skilled at finding your program in in the 'all programs' menu...

ps3 users use ps3s because it feels more direct... using something you do your work/surf the net with to kill people in a game with isn't very fun...
              Lmao! This man is truly a ****ing moron.
              If a racer in the Olympics started running with only 1 leg, hopping along, and then once he lost claimed that he actually won because he was using a more difficult technique, he would be laughed off.

If aiming is so easy with Kb/m then how come top players tend to have around 30-40% accuracy with hitscan (against evenly skilled players) at most?
              Also what's using something you use to work got to do with it? That is completely ****ing irrelevant. If I drive my sports car (I wish) to work but then take it on a racetrack, I don't think "oh jesus this is boring as I use this for work purposes as well".

Comment

Originally posted by lærnu View Post
                Lmao! This man is truly a ****ing moron.
                If a racer in the Olympics started running with only 1 leg, hopping along, and then once he lost claimed that he actually won because he was using a more difficult technique, he would be laughed off.

If aiming is so easy with Kb/m then how come top players tend to have around 30-40% accuracy with hitscan (against evenly skilled players) at most?
                Also what's using something you use to work got to do with it? That is completely ****ing irrelevant. If I drive my sports car (I wish) to work but then take it on a racetrack, I don't think "oh jesus this is boring as I use this for work purposes as well".
                errr what?

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                  ROTFL!

You truly have achieved what the rest of us can only dream of, no argument there... I'm afraid this renders my upcoming next-gen controller DoA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eafp50SSLAk

Comment

Originally posted by R-66Y View Post
                    helscream? he quit a duel against me the other day when i was winning like 15 to 5 lmao! perhaps he wasn't warmed up yet?
                    Ya know i've have ran across alot of people win/loss but i really don't brag about anything. But i guess when its 16-10 on your host and the custom map (judith) is blood red making it **** near impossible to see a Ronin character in a DM. The ping was too ****ty for me, it was 260-350 before i entered but i saw the pcspeedx mod made me interested.

Can't say i don't know how i got a killing spree with such a bad ping. But when i can click fire, go take a dump, come back and the projectile has yet to leave the weapon i find it a bit to laggy for me.

If your really interested i can get someone to host a dedicated with PCspeedX . Otherwise dont speak unless your sword is as sharp as your tongue.

Comment

so what i kill em any way

Comment

Originally posted by Helscream View Post

If your really interested i can get someone to host a dedicated

Yeah - I've got a really nasty connection and would be willing to host a rematch, dedicated...any time you guys want.

Desert - "you would kill them anyway" (does this mean you'll duel with all of us - seems like your talent's the same?)

Comment

***s who use kb/m for ps3 shud go back to controllers cos they wouldn't be as good, I could kick anyone to the kerb on ps3 using kb/m but its just not fun.
                          So you are saying that owning even more with kb/m isn't fun Oo. IMHO even the best control players can't compete with good kb/m playes without auto aim. There is a reason why there is a option to exclude kb/m players.

You know, if kb/m makes me a better player I will do just that, just like any other legal tweak I can use. Rlly can't stand the slow mo movements/ aim you get from controllers.

ps3 users use ps3s because it feels more direct... using something you do your work/surf the net with to kill people in a game with isn't very fun...
                          Most funniest thing I have ever read.. I hope you where sarcastic with that comment, but I know you aren't ^^ A pc is a very versatile instrument, you can use it for work, making movies, making music, playing games, making UT3 MAPS/MODS/MUTS etc etc so what is your point actually ??? And plz don't say that a ps3 feels more direct, I suggest you do to some homework before you even dare making such statements which are biased and untrue.

I am not hating consoles, I only feel ( IMHO ) that some game genres play better on a pc, like you don't want to play a rts or a game like wow ( which I dislike ) on a console.

Comment

So being home is good again, and I can safely say the Keyboard and Mouse Combo definitely makes it easier to frag. Its like I'm rediscovering UTIII all over again. Do I still suck? Yeah, but not as bad as before.....

Comment

Originally posted by eternal View Post
                              ROTFL!

You truly have achieved what the rest of us can only dream of, no argument there... I'm afraid this renders my upcoming next-gen controller DoA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eafp50SSLAk
                              I saw that thing over at tigerdirect, it looks crazy! I'm not so sure I would use it, but I want one!

Comment

So? We've moved from "We want cross-platform play" to "using a keyboard/mouse is unfair." LMFAO

Make up your minds guys. If you PS3ers were to get cross-platform play, you would be playing against keyboard/mouse...and by your own choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X