Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes its off topic...but

Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee View Post
    Anyone who still has the black sixaxis, provided with you PS3...find threads/help about the deadzone in your analog controls. If you've noticed your controller "hanging" (cannot stop your forward momentum) or making you uncontrollably walk/steer vehicles.... you need a new controller.
    Dude,

This is EXACTLY what was going on with me....made it a pain in the **** to fill up nodes in Warfare.

I went out and bought the DS3

Thx

Crusher

Comment

I agree that the kb/m is not unfair. In some modes they can dominate. In others, they are not so hot. I believe your skill with any will determine that.

I think they are all on fair grounds to be honest. I could be wrong, but most people that bought ut3 for ps3 have been using controllers for a long time. I think the very few people that use kb/m come from pc, or just wanted to try out the feature. But then they either turn back to controller, or try to stick with it. But again I think it is still fair ground.

In kb/m defense, once a person gets use to the kb/m, then they will own a lot of average controller players.

P.S. I am one of those people that tried kb/m and felt it awkward. So I went back.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal View Post
        BTW this is how the pioneers of FPS gaming used to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3iS3k-e-Pc

That video hurt my eyes, but it was very nostalgic. Anyway, I use Kb/M purely because the SIXAXIS just feels sluggish in UT3. Works fine in COD4 and other games but because i'm used to playing PC FPS'ers (especially UT) it just feels right.

Although from what I hear the UT3 (PS3) is optimised for the SIXAXIS, I dunno if any of you KB/M'ers have noticed but it always seems like you really need to give that mouse a push to look up and down. The vertical sensitivity doesn't to be equal to the rate you can turn. Might just be me being a fool or I need a new Mouse.

Comment

I think that using better computers than mine is unfair. They have higher FPS and so it is easier to aim. IT'S NOT FAIR!

[/sarcasm]

Comment

I normally play KBM, and in duel I can get my *** handed to me by sixaxis users and vice versa. However, I find the biggest advantage of KBM comes in deathmatch, crowd control just becomes a lot easier (for me anyway). But I have dueled with controller only, and it's just really about who plays smarter most of the times. I also found it very easy to aim with the sixaxis using sniper and primary shock. The shock combo is still as effective as always, it's just easier to place shock combos quicker with the KBM. In vehicle gametypes I almost always use the sixaxis, as killingspree said the vehicles are just meant to be used with the sixaxis. However people who say KBM is just point and click obviously have never tried it, and really should.

Comment

What do have more control with when aiming a crosshair?? One thumb or an entire hand?? KB/M > controller. Can you see the unfair advantage now?? You won't see a world champion at fps games like Fatal1ty use a controller, because the potential just isn't as great.

Comment

I agree with Polar, KB/M is an advantage on PS3.

Comment

Well I'm gonna test it out. I have been away for a while, my Ps3 with me, so now that I'm back home, I'll see what it feels like with the USB mouse + Keyboard combo. My main problem is I'm afraid I won't be able to fly Fury's or drive Vipers well since I was using the six axis since like ever, but I can definitely see my DM stats going up.

Comment

personally i have used both the both have advantages kb/m better aim and quicker aim you can instantly turn around it takes a little bit longer with a controller and with a mouse and keyboard you can set your sensitivity to low so it stops better when you jerk if you want to do that with a controller it is a little more unstable to have your senstivity that high. Also moving shock combos are not a hard to do with a kb/m sometimes it just seems too simple. The controller advantages are that it is easier to dodge and wall jump more effectively. The real advantage for kb/m kicks in when a controller user goes into a deathmatch or duel against someone using a kb/m with pc speed activated. Helscream kicked my *** in that game and i give him that he played good better than me but that pc speed is hard to get used too with a controller.

Quick question can you assign all of your buttons on the mouse a certain function yet cause when i had my kb/m and plugged it into my ps3 i could only use the scroll the and the 2 main buttons on top i couldnt used the other six.

Also i think it depends on the kb/m on if it is a real advantage a basic mouse and keyboard probally isnt giving anyone an advantage but if they are using top of the line kb/m like razer or Fatal1ty yea they might have a good advantage i know this cause i have owned some of them and the better the mouse the better the aim and the better the keyboard the better the movement so it is a debateable subject their are alot of circumistances to consider before you just speak out about it. SORRY I MADE THS SO LONG

Comment

sorry for any typos its late and im tired

Comment

well again it's in the interest of the community, assuming that the community is interested in upping the level of the game, that people use the best input available. if that's km/b then so be it. if I see great pad players, I am not going to ridicule them and tell them to switch to k/m. talking about unfair advantage is lame since nobody is really prevented from using whatever they think the best input method is.

Seems that the top fps players have yet to embrace pads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF169...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by alx-ndr View Post
                          all you have to do is point.... and click and you shoot there you want to. no aiming involved so it is unfair...
                          I don't know about the rest of y'all, but pointing and clicking does sound like aiming to me.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                            I don't know about the rest of y'all, but pointing and clicking does sound like aiming to me.
                            nah its reli not... cos anyone/everyone who isn't quadriplegic can do it, not everyone can aim well on ps3 which is why it requires skill. saying you are skilled at aiming on pc is like saying you are skilled at clicking off popups when they appear or you are skilled at finding your program in in the 'all programs' menu...

ps3 users use ps3s because it feels more direct... using something you do your work/surf the net with to kill people in a game with isn't very fun...

Originally posted by eternal View Post
                            LOL do you think that if it was so easy anybody would bother to organize cash tournaments with tens if not hundered k worth of prizes. anyway feel free to plug in m/k and show me how good you are with this trivial setup anytime
                            i will... play me at counter strike =]

Comment

Lol this is so hillarious! Why don't you try playing with the wii sticks or whatever. I bet that's even more challenging and will raise your status to mega uber pro:-)
                              So you've got CS? Based on your demonstrated hatred towards the dumb m/k i reckon you use your sixaxis for that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by alx-ndr View Post
                                nah its reli not... cos anyone/everyone who isn't quadriplegic can do it, not everyone can aim well on ps3 which is why it requires skill. saying you are skilled at aiming on pc is like saying you are skilled at clicking off popups when they appear or you are skilled at finding your program in in the 'all programs' menu...

ps3 users use ps3s because it feels more direct... using something you do your work/surf the net with to kill people in a game with isn't very fun...
                                You're missing my point. No matter what you do to place the reticle where you want to hit is still 'aiming', unless you've somehow redefined that word. Now, quickly moving that reticle great distances is easier with a mouse, but technically it's still aiming, with or without. If it weren't, how could there be better/worse iCTF players on PC, for example?

Comment

Working...
                                X