Keyboard and Mouse Advantage PS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard and Mouse Advantage PS3?

Does playing on PS3 with KB/M give an Unfair Advantage?

yes... which is why there is an option to not allow these players.
    its point and click... what do you expect lol, a retarded blind monkey could manage to score headshots with kb/m lol

Comment

I'll second that, each to their own though. Nothing like ramming a sniper with a manta on suspense who is obviously using KB/M.

Comment

Lol, as if the only advantage kb/m gives you is the ability to snipe.

YES, kb/m is an advantage over controller. NO it's not unfair. If we're having a drag race and I bring my crotch rocket (kb/m) and you bring a moped (controller), you can't really complain that I had an unfair advantage. Which is why there is an option to not allow kb/m players. Hey, if you want to have a moped race, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post

YES, kb/m is an advantage over controller. NO it's not unfair. If we're having a drag race and I bring my crotch rocket (kb/m) and you bring a moped (controller), you can't really complain that I had an unfair advantage. Which is why there is an option to not allow kb/m players. Hey, if you want to have a moped race, go for it.
          If you buy a PS3, then spend extra cash to purchase controls other than the one that came in the box, then I would say you did so to create an advantage. Wouldn't You?

Comment

YES, kb/m is an advantage over controller.
            I would say that I already did.

But ultimately, no, if I bought a kb/m setup for my PS3 it would be because I like playing first person shooters with a kb/m. The question however is whether it's "unfair."

Comment

Originally posted by Judgement_Jay View Post
              If you buy a PS3, then spend extra cash to purchase controls other than the one that came in the box, then I would say you did so to create an advantage. Wouldn't You?
              Eh, I'd guess that just about anyone with a PS3 also has a keyboard and mouse lying around their house. Most stock computers come with USB mice now, at the very least.

Comment

well.. i use a controller and i pretty much own everyone who isnt in a clan. Its not like that at all its like having a chaffer who happens to be an F1 driver who is driving you around in a Ferrari versus a moped... Kb/m requires no skill whatsoever...
                ***s who use kb/m for ps3 shud go back to controllers cos they wouldn't be as good, I could kick anyone to the kerb on ps3 using kb/m but its just not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Judgement_Jay View Post
                  You mean like people playing with the Ds3 v the default sixaxis? ..... I mean, if anyone posting here knows the advantage of the new controller, yet chooses to say nothing about it, how much better does that make them?

*bare with me*

The PS3 Frag Fx
                  controller is something that is "unfair". Everyone that hosts controller only matches...takes away the KBM users and allows Frag Fx..as the PS3 cannot recognize it as anything else.

To answer the poll, my opinion:
                  KBM advantage in fragging/foot games..
                  Sixaxix advantage in vehicles.

I use a DS3.

Anyone who still has the black sixaxis, provided with you PS3...find threads/help about the deadzone in your analog controls. If you've noticed your controller "hanging" (cannot stop your forward momentum) or making you uncontrollably walk/steer vehicles.... you need a new controller.

Comment

Originally posted by alx-ndr View Post
                    well.. i use a controller and i pretty much own everyone who isnt in a clan. Its not like that at all its like having a chaffer who happens to be an F1 driver who is driving you around in a Ferrari versus a moped... Kb/m requires no skill whatsoever...
                    ***s who use kb/m for ps3 shud go back to controllers cos they wouldn't be as good, I could kick anyone to the kerb on ps3 using kb/m but its just not fun.
                    Your statement is so illogical I don't even know where to begin.

How about we avoid a KB/M vs Controller debate and stick with the thread topic, which is whether using a kb/m is unfair. I say it's not. Why? For two reasons.

1. Anyone who chooses to do so can use a KB/M. Hence my drag race analogy.
                    2. There are controller only servers.

So what exactly is unfair about it?

Comment

So what exactly is unfair about it?

me? i dont think they're unfair, as EVERYONE can use them..

Comment

Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee View Post
                        me? i dont think they're unfair, as EVERYONE can use them..
                        Sorry, I wasn't talking to you. You posted while I was typing. I see you agree with me though, lol

Comment

Personally, I find that it's hard(er) on Rising sun to get the health vials under the bell with a kb/m but whatever.
                          Other than that, get the right sensitivity settings and practice hours on end for weeks, and then yeah, you'd pretty much stop any controller user. It's really about preference, there are quite a few players that use controllers who can pwn a lot of kb/m users......there really is no advantage other than you are better with a kb/m than a controller.......and if you aren't kb/m is a DISadvantage. However, it's obvious that 75% of fps players are just plain better with a the kb/m. But again, I know a lot of people who are better with a controller than they are with a kb/m.

Comment

All I can say is watch Helscream face Lex_is_Fn_a, Helscream is easily one of the best K+M users on the PS3 yet Lex (a controller user) can usually take him. K+M is an advantage but it's skill that really matters.

Comment

Just shut it off in matches if you don't like KB/M.

Comment

Working...
                              X