very long loading times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hmmm. Since I bought a new Disk - Samsung Spinpoint F1 640GB and use that one as Gaming partition - UT3 Load time (without beeing loaded before) was reduced to under 5secs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eco666 View Post
    Hehe, RoadKillGrill you have mistaken yourself, a 9800 is far inferior to x1300.
    And thats why ATi and NVidia can sell its products to ill informed consumers :P.

The 9800 pro is a better card, I hope you really didn't consider the x1300 an "upgrade".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First, I apologize for that. It sort of became a habit when helping people on-line.

Can someone explain me what is recommended system specs, I thought it was for medium-high details.
    Yeah, you're right. The thing is your CPU meets the minimum required specs.

1. Is 90-95 screen percentage making any performance improves if put instead of 100?
    2. Are all post poccessing effects equal in system requirements?
    3. What is framerate smoothing and what is its effect on the game and performance?
    Here's a link to a tweak guide. UT3 Tweak Guide - Page 5 It covers the settings and some of the .ini files. It should help answer your questions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well easy compare them directly...

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....1=31&card2=349

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Is 90-95 screen percentage making any performance improves if put instead of 100?
    2. Are all post poccessing effects equal in system requirements?
    3. What is framerate smoothing and what is its effect on the game and performance?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can safely assume that whatever it says on any games box will allow you to run the game with everything on low.

In reference to the 9800 pro vs x1300:
    9800 Pro
    128mb and 256mb versions, DDR or GDDR2
    256-bit memory interface
    380 Mhz core clock
    700 Mhz memory clock

x1300
    256 and 512 mb version, DDR2
    128-bit memory interface
    450 Mhz core clock
    250 Mhz memory clock

Maybe the 9800 Pro can't play UT3, but it looks like the better card to me. But then again, that's like comparing a 6200 and a 7100. What's the point? You need a new card either way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hehe, RoadKillGrill you have mistaken yourself, a 9800 is far inferior to x1300. I had ati radeon 9800 pro and it has 128 mb and shader model 2.0 so it wouldn't be able to even run the game.
    Can someone explain me what is recommended system specs, I thought it was for medium-high details.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah - great ...
    Actually - I usually have 2 Disks in my System Install on partition on the first Disk - the copy it to te second Disk F1 Samsung Disk Faaast UNfragmented. Takes 5 Seconds to start gaming

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Second, as I can see the recommended system requirements for the game are 1gb ram, radeon x1300, 2.4 ghz and I still can't play on medium graphics and wait about 10 mins at map loading.
    There's your problem, I think medium graphics are too high for your pc specs..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ToKeSs420 View Post
    Thats an acient card to be runing UT3 it was a typo on epics part

Here are the minimum hardware requirements for running this game:

• 2.0+ GHz single core CPU
    • 512 MB RAM
    • Nvidia 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ video card
    The problem is that cards are not inherently better by generation, a 9800 pro will beat out a x300 and x1300, 2 generations of cards. Its a big problem about video card advertising, adding GT PRO SUPER TURBO GTO GTFO or appending zeros to the end of the card does not make it better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thats an ancient card to be runing UT3 it was a typo on epics part

Here are the minimum hardware requirements for running this game:

• 2.0+ GHz single core CPU
    • 512 MB RAM
    • Nvidia 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ video card

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First of all I'm not stupid so you don't have to explain all of the basic things like viruses, spyware, programs in the background (you sholdn't have any programs running in the background, only processes).
    Second, as I can see the recommended system requirements for the game are 1gb ram, radeon x1300, 2.4 ghz and I still can't play on medium graphics and wait about 10 mins at map loading.

I CHECKED FOR ANY VIRUSES, SPYWARE, DEFRAGMENTED MY HD (20% IS EMPTY), CPU USAGE IS OK, LATEST DRIVERS,....

Don't make fun of that german kid, it's like you're laughing at yourself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by |EnkripT| View Post
    Hahahaahaahahaahaha!! Owned!
    pned by an old fake

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no programs running in the background
    You have to have programs running in the background otherwise your computer wouldn't be running.

Anyway, start up UT3 and go into your settings and set it to windows. Once it's in windowed view, open up your Window Task Manager and click the Performance tab which will show you how much of your CPU and Memory is being used. It might take some maneuvering so that you can see the CPU Usage and the UT3 screen. Try to start up a game in Instant Action. and watch the CPU Usage. Before you started UT3, the CPU Usage should be below 10% on average. When the map tries to load and if it shoots to 100% then your PC struggling and it's time for an upgrade. If the CPU Usage is rather high, 40% and up, before you started UT3, than you have something running, might not be spyware/viruses but something. Click the Processes tab and see what is using up your CPU. Don't stop anything though until you checked what it does. You could crash your PC if you end the wrong programs.

Hope this helps some.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by danjel8 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA

Is this you?

What version, console etc?
    Hahahaahaahahaahaha!! Owned!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X