very long loading times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eco666 View Post
    Second, as I can see the recommended system requirements for the game are 1gb ram, radeon x1300, 2.4 ghz and I still can't play on medium graphics and wait about 10 mins at map loading.
    There's your problem, I think medium graphics are too high for your pc specs..

Comment

Yeah - great ...
      Actually - I usually have 2 Disks in my System Install on partition on the first Disk - the copy it to te second Disk F1 Samsung Disk Faaast UNfragmented. Takes 5 Seconds to start gaming

Comment

Hehe, RoadKillGrill you have mistaken yourself, a 9800 is far inferior to x1300. I had ati radeon 9800 pro and it has 128 mb and shader model 2.0 so it wouldn't be able to even run the game.
        Can someone explain me what is recommended system specs, I thought it was for medium-high details.

Comment

You can safely assume that whatever it says on any games box will allow you to run the game with everything on low.

In reference to the 9800 pro vs x1300:
          9800 Pro
          128mb and 256mb versions, DDR or GDDR2
          256-bit memory interface
          380 Mhz core clock
          700 Mhz memory clock

x1300
          256 and 512 mb version, DDR2
          128-bit memory interface
          450 Mhz core clock
          250 Mhz memory clock

Maybe the 9800 Pro can't play UT3, but it looks like the better card to me. But then again, that's like comparing a 6200 and a 7100. What's the point? You need a new card either way.

Comment

1. Is 90-95 screen percentage making any performance improves if put instead of 100?
            2. Are all post poccessing effects equal in system requirements?
            3. What is framerate smoothing and what is its effect on the game and performance?

Comment

Well easy compare them directly...

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....1=31&card2=349

Comment

First, I apologize for that. It sort of became a habit when helping people on-line.

Can someone explain me what is recommended system specs, I thought it was for medium-high details.
                Yeah, you're right. The thing is your CPU meets the minimum required specs.

1. Is 90-95 screen percentage making any performance improves if put instead of 100?
                2. Are all post poccessing effects equal in system requirements?
                3. What is framerate smoothing and what is its effect on the game and performance?
                Here's a link to a tweak guide. UT3 Tweak Guide - Page 5 It covers the settings and some of the .ini files. It should help answer your questions.

Comment

Hehe, RoadKillGrill you have mistaken yourself, a 9800 is far inferior to x1300.
                  And thats why ATi and NVidia can sell its products to ill informed consumers :P.

The 9800 pro is a better card, I hope you really didn't consider the x1300 an "upgrade".

Comment

Hmmm. Since I bought a new Disk - Samsung Spinpoint F1 640GB and use that one as Gaming partition - UT3 Load time (without beeing loaded before) was reduced to under 5secs

Comment

Working...
                    X