Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A manual or FAQ to learn to play well

Hi

I've playing UT 3 for a while but now that I've come to play on-line, but I've come to find that servers are filled with those lamers that won't even let you get another weapon or even respawn when they've fragged you.

I'm looking for a good manual where we can learn the tricks to play and at least kill those a**holes that get 25 kills in 10 secs.

I wanna learn the key combinations and how to play well...

Thanks.

Do you have the PC version? Post back in this topic and host a game, I'd be happy to help. It will be a little difficult since I dont use a microphone, but you can still learn the basics. I can't host since UT3's 2 patches broke that ability for me. Send a friend request in the "community" part of the menu to Seven_Force_80

Comment

Why should anyone just let you get another weapon? I am assuming it's DM your talking about. In DM you frag your opponents, you do not let them get a weapon to kill you with. Playing real people is a bit different than playing Average level bots, or even Masterfull for that matter.

Comment

The main thing in deathmatch is to get the powerups and not let anyone else get them. So you have to know where they are, and you have to try and keep some sense of when they're going to respawn. They respawn at definite intervals after being picked up. So you have to know what the intervals are for the various things.

If you've got extra shield, extra HP etc., you have a better chance of winning any fights you get into, therefore a better chance of maintaining control of the powerups, and so on.

The other main thing in deathmatch is reflexes.

Actually the only reason I play deathmatch is to warm up and get my reflexes in as good a shape as they're ever going to be. Then I go play Warfare.

In any event, bear in mind that in no gametype does it matter how many times you die. In deathmatch it only matters how many kills you get. In CTF, WAR and so on, it doesn't even matter how many kills you get. You're just trying to help the team win, and your score on the board is affected by doing things other than killing people (like capturing nodes and so on).

Oh, the other other main thing is how your controls are set up, and of course your posture.

There's a lot of good information on these boards actually. You should follow them a while and pick up what you can.

Comment

1. in DM stay alive, always be on the move..DO NOT STAND STILL
          2. pickup any weapon and powerups you can get your fingers at
          3. In WAFARE and Vctf help your team mates: heal vehicles, carry orbs, defend the orb carrier, attack, defend...

4. PLAY WITH FUN

Comment

Originally posted by Seven_Force View Post
            Do you have the PC version? Post back in this topic and host a game, I'd be happy to help. It will be a little difficult since I dont use a microphone, but you can still learn the basics. I can't host since UT3's 2 patches broke that ability for me. Send a friend request in the "community" part of the menu to Seven_Force_80
            Ok!

I can surely host a game and it'd be good to have someone helping.

Thanks it's a cool comunity, lots of answers in short time.

I bought UT3 and are quite happy with it in off line mode and I'm getting to know the maps, the one that I like to most is Bio-hazzard.

Comment

Hey this is what I really hate, rude people that spends the time answering with hate and saying such things as you do.

Why spending time to bother people with you inappropriate comments?.

But thanks for answering anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Rabbit View Post
                1. in DM stay alive, always be on the move..DO NOT STAND STILL
                2. pickup any weapon and powerups you can get your fingers at
                3. In WAFARE and Vctf help your team mates: heal vehicles, carry orbs, defend the orb carrier, attack, defend...

4. PLAY WITH FUN
                Cool comments, I'm gonna get to practice to learn the skills.

Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                  Why should anyone just let you get another weapon? I am assuming it's DM your talking about. In DM you frag your opponents, you do not let them get a weapon to kill you with. Playing real people is a bit different than playing Average level bots, or even Masterfull for that matter.
                  Hey this is what I really hate, rude people that spends the time answering with hate and saying such things as you do.

Why spending time to bother people with you inappropriate comments?.

But thanks for answering anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
                    The main thing in deathmatch is to get the powerups and not let anyone else get them. So you have to know where they are, and you have to try and keep some sense of when they're going to respawn. They respawn at definite intervals after being picked up. So you have to know what the intervals are for the various things.

If you've got extra shield, extra HP etc., you have a better chance of winning any fights you get into, therefore a better chance of maintaining control of the powerups, and so on.

The other main thing in deathmatch is reflexes.

Actually the only reason I play deathmatch is to warm up and get my reflexes in as good a shape as they're ever going to be. Then I go play Warfare.

In any event, bear in mind that in no gametype does it matter how many times you die. In deathmatch it only matters how many kills you get. In CTF, WAR and so on, it doesn't even matter how many kills you get. You're just trying to help the team win, and your score on the board is affected by doing things other than killing people (like capturing nodes and so on).

Oh, the other other main thing is how your controls are set up, and of course your posture.

There's a lot of good information on these boards actually. You should follow them a while and pick up what you can.
                    You rock man, this is what I was looking for just li'l tricks that can make me play better and not regret the 15 bucks I spent on the game.

Anyway, your advise is great and I played a bit following it and got 1st place on a server with 25 kills and just 4 deaths.

I just to run RTCW, Quake II & III servers on my linux boxes, now I'm more into VoIP.

In fact whomever of you who wants free calling me or Colombia where I am. I can give you extensions for free.

Thanks.

Comment

For those who want to add me send a friend request to dgonzalezh.

I'll setup a Linux server, simple one as I don't have that much bandwidth as I'm on DSL 700k.

Thanks cool people.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                        imho i wouldn't count that as being rude. qft.
                        one major thing you don't want to do is jump down or run straight for a weapon or something because you will get nailed easily. experienced players who know the maps and spawn locations can and will take the advantage of someone messing up, which includes not paying attention to your surroundings

Comment

In DM get a weapon quick! Any works exsept sniper. To slow on DM. Then go after 1 person but use yout head and dont go right into a battle between many players. Stay behind and shoot.

Try to fokus on 1 player. Not 1 with armor, he probaly kills u If u survies the first secounds, move towards the nearest weapon u feel good with. Rocket and Flack are the big favorits in DM, but also Shock is superb in DM. Shock combo is THE THING ut3 players must control.

Look over your shoulders and dont go straigth

Comment

Originally posted by Neivler View Post
                            In DM get a weapon quick! Any works exsept sniper. To slow on DM. Then go after 1 person but use yout head and dont go right into a battle between many players. Stay behind and shoot.

Try to fokus on 1 player. Not 1 with armor, he probaly kills u If u survies the first secounds, move towards the nearest weapon u feel good with. Rocket and Flack are the big favorits in DM, but also Shock is superb in DM. Shock combo is THE THING ut3 players must control.

Look over your shoulders and dont go straigth
                            Cool tips! tahnks, was playin' a bit a while but still get fragged whenever I spawn, gotta get a bit more into the game and your advises.

UT 3 Rules, I'm having some issues with setting up the server 'coz I'm behind NAT, found a quick howto on this forums but still dunno if installing the beta patch it refers to.

Comment

Play 1v1 then you will know spawn kills. Do not cry when someone is destroying you, learn from it. Just like the ppl playing wow, if you quit your job, stop taking showers, drink nothing but coffee, basically do nothing but play this game you will get better. Other than that know your map!!!

Own the map first then work on your aim.
                              I do not play much dm anymore but if you notice most ppl do not keep up with the shield. hint hint
                              Look for the spawn points. kill kill
                              Turn your music off. where is you opponent
                              Turn the game clock on. when does the shield come back
                              Play ppl better than you.
                              ^Have Pidgin?, join #ut3tdm on gameradius.
                              Dont disrespect oldkawman, he is right. If you have a weapon your a bigger threat.

I forgot to mention there is an edit button for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X