Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Priority one in next patch: spawn point fix?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Please post in this thead: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604194

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^ Or spawning somewhere where u gotta actually turn a few corners to get any weapon period

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This may or may not be fixable. It happened in 2k3/2k4, and from what folks told me back then, it also happened in UT99/GOTY. It also seems the more folks there are in the server, the higher the likelihood of it happening.

For me, it's more of a case of spawning near my LEAST favorite weapon than near the guy who killed me last.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xtruder_ View Post
    i noticed that in 1v1s this doesn't happen, but it has happened in tdm games before.
    It happened to me in a 1v1 on Sentinel once. The score was 5-6, I somehow got stuck on the stairs leading to the Stinger (couldn't move at all until he killed me) and right after that, I spawned near the stinger three times in a row and I ended up losing by a point when the round was over.

In the mlut I spawned five times in a row in the same place by an amped enemy which wasn't fun at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xtruder_ View Post
    i noticed that in 1v1s this doesn't happen, but it has happened in tdm games before.
    It does happen in 1v1's i've been on the receiving end f it.

As long as you don't spawn near enemies its fine >.<

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    I know that in CTF, you are more likely to spawn in areas where there are the least number of enemies. I would think the same applies in DM - that's why there is no problem in 1v1. But in a crowded server, sometimes the least populated spawnpoint is the one with the dude who just fragged you...
    This is correct - and there are no team spawn points in TDM. You just spawn anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like someone said - take the good with the bad really spawn wherever its like in real life sometimes u get lucky other times u dont.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you spawn the farthest away from the leader every time, then they would know exactly where you spawn every time making it just as bad if youre playing against a decent opponent. it needs to be somewhat random.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FORGET WHAT I EDITED OUT.

10chars.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it just gets annoying when you are in a 2 vs 2 and you seem to spawn right in front of your enemies and it ends up happening 15 or 20 times in a match it is really stupid when i it is happening on defiance or heat ray

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know that in CTF, you are more likely to spawn in areas where there are the least number of enemies. I would think the same applies in DM - that's why there is no problem in 1v1. But in a crowded server, sometimes the least populated spawnpoint is the one with the dude who just fragged you...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think that this should be considered one of the first things that needs to be fixed. I'm sure there are other much more important aspects of the game that need to be worked on. In any case, where and when you spawn is matter of luck most of the time, you've just got to take the good with the bad. I must admit though, it's fun fragging the same person over and over with the Goliath when they keep on spawning at the same point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sincreator View Post
    Why do Red team spawn with blue team in TDM sometimes. VERY STUPID!!!
    As far as I know, there are no specific "team" spawn points in TDM. I tested this out and I couldn't see any consistency. It would make sense if you had "team" spawn points that they players spawned in the begining of the game, but after that, it should be random.

On topic: I agree that it really should be random, but this used to happen (as far as I could tell), in the previous version of the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I spawned close to the same place I died and the same guy killed me....FIX IT, FIX IT !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why do Red team spawn with blue team in TDM sometimes. VERY STUPID!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X