Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait, Gamespy is actually up for a change?!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, Gamespy is actually up for a change?!!

Okay so I want to voice some concerns over this issue, I dont play online very often and havent met with this disasterous duplicate login detected myself. What I have noticed is gamespy seems to be down more than its up!

Now sure gamespy might be looking into the issue or whatever but that doesnt help when those of us who paid for the game want to play online. Looking over the last 10 pages all I see is locked thread after locked thread on the issue with no real indication of whats being done to fix it and it makes me very worried about my purchase of UT3. I would like some reassurance that its actually being fixed and will happen less in the future.

The problem it seems isnt platform specific with even PS3 users getting the "gamespy is investigating the problem" response so everyone who has bought the game regardless of platform is in the same boat. Now ofcoarse this is having an affect on online player counts as some people wont even bother booting the game on either platform assuming that gamespy is again rooted.

I would also like to say this is the first time Ive spoken up against the gamespy implementation in UT3 because before this, there wasnt any need for it. Now though Im beginning to wonder and would like Epic to do something about it, see there must be contracts for this type of thing and cmon having the servers not working half the time wasnt part of that Im sure. There could be some other reason but as far as I can see there isnt one, no "oh we are upgrading our servers", no "we are patching our servers" none of that what so ever only a vague "we are looking into it" which offers no piece of mind what so ever.

There has to be some cause and I would like to know what it is, if it isnt known I would like to know when its fixed. Atleast then I know whats going on with the whole deal, gamespy login, duplicates, stats and all this **** about pirates. Its hard enough to combat all the negativity around this game already so I really worry now this is starting to happen, I know I can always play UT3 offline but as I said I do like to take the game online occasionally when Im not busy modding.

I know this is just another one in a massive chain of threads but since they all get closed I needed to make another one to voice my concerns on the issue. Is it fixed now or is the downtime the other day just the start of more to come? Whats even going on you know, it sucks being in the dark which is why people ask Im sure, I mean I can put up with alittle downtime now and then because I realise there will be issues from time to time but this is starting to become a joke and UT3 the joke along with it. Dont let gamespy hurt UT3 anymore Epic, please, as I said there is enough negativity around this game as it is but I still love it and want to play it online.

Seems to be up but I can only see a fraction of the midway servers that were originally there. All have pings 150+ in the UK.

Comment

Ah yes, the "new coke" decision of UT3. Let's just hope whoever is responsible for that isn't making any more decisions, hey.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
        Ah yes, the "new coke" decision of UT3. Let's just hope whoever is responsible for that isn't making any more decisions, hey.
        Agreed. I always hated GameSpy on the PC and cringed when I heard they were making it part of UTIII...

Comment

Working...
        X