Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Elis View Post
    Its not crazy at all, many other games have a system in which custom models become "server-sided" meaning a model is loaded onto the server, and when a client joins the server they download the model, and even up to 40mb is no more than a 2 min download for an average connection with DSL. Im quite surprised that UT3 for a new game doesnt have this system.. just shows Epic can fail in more area than one .

So its up to us as the community, aka real makers of this game, to design a plugin or whatever to allow such an option if not already done. Its quite a benefit for the mod creators and server hosts/admins to see this work get spread more and is much more fun to the players to see something new once and awhile.
    Epic listen to him and me! Make this happen. Stop using the old layout, fps's deserve more!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its not crazy at all, many other games have a system in which custom models become "server-sided" meaning a model is loaded onto the server, and when a client joins the server they download the model, and even up to 40mb is no more than a 2 min download for an average connection with DSL. Im quite surprised that UT3 for a new game doesnt have this system.. just shows Epic can fail in more area than one .

So its up to us as the community, aka real makers of this game, to design a plugin or whatever to allow such an option if not already done. Its quite a benefit for the mod creators and server hosts/admins to see this work get spread more and is much more fun to the players to see something new once and awhile.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    perhaps won't be such a problem when the infidelious dail up is eliminated and all is replaced with a super high speed internet. Like south korea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Multiple megabytes these days are not much at all. And besides, I think the custom filesystem on UT is outdated.

UT should have a database with the top most popular custom skins, and if people allowed custom skins, they would download a monthly update of lets say, five skins?

That way, mods and custom content wouldnt be so hard to obtain. Now you have to go on the net, download it, then install it. I seriously mean that since Epic is bragging so much about mods, they should front it alot more and use internet in a clever way, and integrate this into their game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the gears of war guy skin, a banana guy and the Crysis pack which is my fav. Nano suits FTW

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood View Post
    yes fragged chunks of flesh all look the same, no matter what skin U got...
    Actually, on the PC they don't. Yu can have custom gibs :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes fragged chunks of flesh all look the same, no matter what skin U got...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
    I'm not sure what the point is now with having custom characters. You yourself only see them. For those like me who havent' downlaoded any, you see that godam custom male model all the FRIGGIN TIME! >=(
    I think even so by having "Allow Custom Characters" enabled you should see the standard skin for the faction the custom skin is on not the UT default one, if I'm not mistaken and that also allows you to see the default skins customized as well bc I noticed if that option is disabled you will not see the variants of the default skins it makes you always see the default male skin.

I have a bundle of skins installed and I sometimes see players using them but if for some reason I switch teams in game everybody looks like the default character to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not sure what the point is now with having custom characters. You yourself only see them. For those like me who havent' downlaoded any, you see that godam custom male model all the FRIGGIN TIME! >=(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by crucial View Post
    i hope you are joking...
    Nope, that's true!
    Works for me as well!

Yesterday, i saw Masterchief playing with me But the problem is that, you need to get those models/skins that other are playing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
    Check in your Character Settings "Allow Custom Skins" box checked...

I have mine checked on and I see a good amount of players using custom skins.
    i hope you are joking...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    your comparing a one time 100KB DL to having everybody in the server simultaneously exchange multi-MB files. It just wouldn't work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Check in your Character Settings "Allow Custom Skins" box checked...

I have mine checked on and I see a good amount of players using custom skins.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, they said it pretty much. It would be completely retarded for a simple client to force download on all other people for a custom skins.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by alx-ndr View Post
    that would require other people having to download you skin when you are playing them.

no.
    What he said, because that means that if you join a server and the players on it don't have the skin they have to download it while in the server?? And if it's adjusted that everyone has to download it with the next map players who don't wanna download those skins are stuck with them... Therefor: NO!

What Teckniec said: try to find players to play along who also have the skin installed!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X