Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else tired of playing Downtown in Warfare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else tired of playing Downtown in Warfare?

Why is the downtown map the most popular one on UT3? Every night I play online. This map is voted for more than any of the others. Anyone else tired of playing downtown?
    The downtown map is more played out than the Iroc-Z was on Long Island.

torlan classic or necris is best

Comment

I really like the Torlan maps too.

Comment

It's a good map. The action is intense and continuous and the large numbers of vehicles, variety in routes (lots of good uses for jump boots) and such keep it interesting. It is pretty overplayed, though.

The one Warfare map I really wish would get voted for less is Floodgate. It was great the first dozen or so times, but now it just puts me to sleep. The over-importance of the floodgate node means that nearly every match is spent DMing around it with absolutely no variety. You can try harassing the enemy prime, but it and the core are so well covered that it's just not as rewarding as simply holding the floodnode. To make matters worse matches usually stretch well into overtime as well.

Comment

Used to be my most favorite map now it's just a map i'm the best at - the excitement and fun is seemingly gone cause it does get voted too much - gotten a bit mundane

Comment

Sorry Cokken, Downtown is 1# on my list of favs, so if anyone else votes on it you'll for sure know I will too. It's a good break for me from playing all those custom maps.

Comment

I doubt I would get tired of any map. I may lose interest if I got owned every match and lost in single digit minutes. If every time you play, your stopped before you can get your prime node, then maybe it's time to go play bots. But when that happens, it's just a matter of team balance.

But for now, Downtown is wicked fun. Very fast and intense action.

Comment

Originally posted by JPINATOR View Post
                Sorry Cokken, Downtown is 1# on my list of favs, so if anyone else votes on it you'll for sure know I will too. It's a good break for me from playing all those custom maps.
                Downtown is a great map. It's just so overplayed. I agree that custom maps can be a bit taxing but, there are so many other maps. I love playing Sinkhole. I used to hate it. I think that was because I always seemed to run into you on the upper level. I would come around the corner and WHAM, I'm going down like a drunken prom date.

Comment

Map is nice, but i prefer Avalanche or Islander :P

Comment

In one way or the other, I am sick of all the stock maps. Shocking that we are not seeing widely played custom maps on the pubs....

Comment

islander is my fav... then dusk....
                      the rest are easy so they are voted the most...

like suspense and sandstorm on VCTF... maps with more big vehicles are voted the most...

Comment

I like Sinkhole. One node then let em have it. Comes down to one on one skills and Manta teamwork. Hint. Protect that orb carrier.

Comment

I love Downtown, yet I dislike Torlan.

Comment

Originally posted by cokkenballs View Post
                            I really like the Torlan maps too.
                            You say that Downtown is overplayed but like Torlan? I'm of the opposite opinion because I've been playing Torlan for four flippin' years!

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                              I like Sinkhole. One node then let em have it. Comes down to one on one skills and Manta teamwork. Hint. Protect that orb carrier.
                              its a speed map... you have to be fast. going up and down on the enemy's lift attacking their core is funny cos every time they shoot at you, the lift goes up or down until their core is gone... you can also hide in the well under the lift, its just enough space to fire out of.

Comment

Working...
                              X