Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official request to Epic to save the PC edition of the Unreal Tournament 3 game

Dear Epic,

I think I am one of the biggest fans Unreal Tournament has. I spend a lot of time and money running 7 UT3 servers and 4 UT2004 servers (2 dedicated quad core servers with 100 mbit connections) some very popular ones among those. I also spend a lot of time creating mutators and game types like BattleRPG, Battle Freezetag Arena, Battle Team Arena, BattleTRANS, etc.

It really hurts me to see what is happening to the Unreal Tournament 3 (UT3) game lately. The number of people playing it is declining according to sources like game-monitor.com.

I think 3 simple things are needed to save this game from distinction:
    (1) Properly working support for custom maps, allowing the community to do the same for UT3 they did for UT2004 (AFAIK Mysterial already fixed this, so it would be a matter of releasing that fix)
    (2) Making it possible to connect to favorite gameservers even if the GameSpy master server is down (again)
    (3) Fix the bugs in the server browser (I know a lot of people say it has to be completely replaced, but just making it work properly would be enough I think)

I humbly ask Epic to make this happen and I would appreciate a response.

Thank you,

Nico de Vries
    (BattleMode)

I second that... the request part :P

Comment

Thanks for alienating your core players, Epic.

Comment

Working...
      X