Where to put custom maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to put custom maps?

I asked in one of my other threads and it got closed but that's not the point... I put it in C:\Documents and Settings\Alece\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame.. but I have no published folder.. so I put it in there as is because it came in a Published folder etc and started the game up to look to see if the map was there and nothing Am I doing something wrong???

usually all maps have readme-files which describe howto install them... so u have your current directory "C:\Documents and Settings\Alece\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame" now go there and create a directory called Published, then enter it and create a directory called CookedPC, then enter it and create a directory called CustomMaps, now put all mapfiles there

Comment

Are you on vista? I dont have a name inbetween Documents and Settings\My Documents in xp

Comment

XP right here... when I unziped the file it was already in folders.. one inside another and inside of the CustomMaps folder there are the files.. C:\Documents and Settings\Alece\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
        I did what the read me told me and put the Published folder inside my documents /mygames/unreal tounament 3 folder and started the game to check and Rankin isn't listed under DM grrr

Comment

NOW it decided to be less stupid and work... YAY for Rankin

Comment

Extract to your desktop and drag the .upk, .ini, and .ut3 files to the custom maps folder manually. It may have been zipped wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X