UT 3 always crashs during movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT 3 always crashs during movies

My proplem is, UT 3 always crashs during movies. The screen frozes and the sound stucks. I cant end the task. I must shut down the pc and boot again.
    can somebody help me? i have the newest patch on the game.

Go to my documents, my games, Unreal Tournament 3, UT game, configs, UT Engine. Open UT Engine, and find the set of lines with the title

[Engine.ISVHacks]

Find the line

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False

and change it to

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Worked for me.

Comment

Hmm don't do that...

Getting a crash during the opening cinematic:
      1) Go to My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame
      2) Open and edit the UTEngine.ini
      3) Change PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled from False to True, and save the file. It should look like this: PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086

Comment

I have done what N1ghtmare and Woooo have said, but my computer chrashed again. Please help me again?

Comment

could be your Video card thats sux(no offense it happends to me too) or the processor that dies during the scene, i myself haven't tried too look at it, i should try and look today.

Comment

I think I have the same problem. Played the campaign a litle bit, and the movies lagged and crashed often, but then I restarted and I continued after the movie. Think it is my crappy video card: Nvidia 6600 256 mb. But who knows?

Comment

Working...
            X