Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Warfare Etiquette for Beginners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warfare Etiquette for Beginners

1) Warfare is a TEAM GAME so players must help the team win the match. There are loads of things you can do to be a team player, here are a few;
    a) Heal other team mates vehicles when your near them.
    b) Tag along with other team mates to help them attack or defend.
    c) Do not go off alone, it's best to attack in numbers.
    d) Do not take a break while in a vehicle or turret unless you want to be very poorly regarded. We all know players that do this, A-holes!
    e) Do not fight over vehicles, first one there presses E gets in. It's just that simple, they spawn pretty quickly as life is short.
    f) Do not camp out and wait for vehicles to spawn. You must defend or attack, you can always get the vehicle if it is there when you respawn.
    g) Man the machine gun in the tank or the turrets in the dark walker or cicada. This will increase the life expectancy of the vehicle and increase it's effectiveness.
    h) Do not destroy abandoned enemy vehicles. Hijack and heal them. This gives your team extra firepower while denying it to the enemy.
    i) Do not just leave the game when the going gets rough. Do not be a quiter, at least finish the match before you leave.
    j) Don't be constantly chatting in game instead of playing that kills gameplay and pisses off the other players.

2) If you do not know what to do with the ORB, do not pick it up when it spawns. If you find out you have the orb take it to a node.

2a) If your interested in carrying the orb, first learn the map. Follow and back up a more experienced player when they carry the orb. If they drop the orb, pick it up and continue to the destination node. The orb must be kept on the move to the correct node.

2b) The ORB can only defend, heal, and attack nodes. Never take it to the enemy base or core. If a team mate is chasing you and shooting you with a FLAK cannon, maybe it's time to check if you have the ORB.

2c) Protect the orb carrier - follow him to one side and perhaps a little to the side, with an Avril ready, and also ready to whip out a minigun. (credit - rhiridflaidd)

3) Playing online with other players is not the time for your first tank drive or raptor flight. Do not use vehicles if you do not know what your doing. This hurts the team by wasting resources. Instead, learn these skills offline and observe how the more experienced players use them. If you pay attention, you can learn alot.

4) Everyone cannot attack at the same time, some must defend or you will lose the match very quickly. A good way to approach this, for example, Islander, when you spawn at prime node base, check for the orb and take it to prime node to heal and lock it. Always! Then decide if you should take it to the AIR node. The announcers voice does not always give you good advice on this.

5) Do not accuse other players of cheating. Some players think all good players are cheating. No UT3 players will put up with cheats, it will be the better players that suspect and expose a cheat. There are many highly skilled and well known players. They do not cheat, they are just elite players of extraordinary skill.

6) Never steal vehicles from another team member while they are healing it, instead, help them heal it. Stealing a team mates ride is one of the highest sins you can commit. Yes, it can be inadvertent, one strike, two strikes, but come on, three strikes your out, A-hole.

7) Remember, it's only a game, the purpose is to have fun. But keep in mind not to ruin the fun for everyone else.

8) Do not grapple to or ride on top of your teams Nightshade. This gives it's position away and makes it an easy target.

9) Remember, if you abandon a vehicle you make it available to the other team. They can hijack and kill you with it.

10) Grappling to a tank or Paladin has no real use as they are both slower than the hoverboard.

11) You cannot heal the power core, so do not try. You will only scare away the more experienced players on your team.

12) The fastest way to get the orb to the node is to grapple with a viper, raptor, manta, or scorpion. The one you choose depends on the map and what's available.

13) Do not blindly follow the instruction of the anouncer on where to go or attack. The voice is frequently wrong. Keep an eye on the mini map. If the prime node is flashing you better go there before it's too late.

14) Think before wasting a Scorpion or Viper don't go self destructing it without thinking, use it to destroy the enemy's Tank or rapidly induce heavy damage on a node or core don't waste it just on one player. (credit - VoodooMaster)

14a) One note on this is that if a node was just built it has 10 seconds of shielding. The orb cannot cap in that period, but also important is that damage to the node is reduced by half. So using a self-destruct during this period would be a waste. You can tell if a node is shielded because a little orb will float between the ball and the base of the node (credit - So's_your_face)

15) The Shaped Charge just doesn't destroy Barricades, you can use it to destroy Nodes, Vehicles and Cores as well. (credit - VoodooMaster)

16) HEAL AND KEEP HEALING your teams heavy assault vehicles because they might be powerful but if they don't get any support they will rapidly get destroyed. (credit - VoodooMaster)

WARFARE LINKS

There is a great post on just WARFARE.com about the play and its a bit more indepth about Warfare. Warfare Manual http://forum.justwarfare.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=146

Make sure you read what Mr Evil has to say in this very informative thread about the nightshade; http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610869

Please add your thoughts and comments to this. Link other similar threads as well.

Cheers to this thread. I could have used these tips when I first started playing last month. Lots of great points and strategy tips here.
    Also* If you have a microphone, use it. I learn new things from veterans all the time, just by asking. When your game starts, if you don't know what to do, ask. I often ask during a game "Hey, this is cokkenballs, what do you need me to do?" Often, the veteran players have a strategy that will work even better when you help execute it.
    Have fun.

Comment

About the only thing that annoys me is people who fake dead on top of their own Goliath or Leviathan spawns.

You can't push them with an impact hammer... you can't kill them... the vehicle just will not spawn.

Had one match with an arsehole like this... he faked dead over the Goliath spawn until he saw the enemy redeemer coming... then he let the vehicle spawn to get blown up by the Redeemer. Repeat.

That was on vCTF Suspense

We lost the match as was obvious.

Actually took a screenshot of it... {happened back in March and I posted it at BeyondUnreal} with me holding an Impact Hammer trying to push his feigned butt off the spawn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...jo/blocker.jpg

Comment

And also whoever gets the ORB should grapple to a team mate's viper or manta or any other vehicle that is faster than the overboard bc good team mates will automatically take you to a node.
        I see alot of people just roaming with the ORB mindlessly.

HEAL AND KEEP HEALING your teams heavy assault vehicles because they might be powerful but if they don't get any support they will rapidly get destroyed.

Don't be constantly chatting in game instead of playing that kills gameplay if you wanna chat all day long go to "Comrade" or any other chat software.
        I see alot of people just chatting half of the game and then when their team loses they complain saying their team sucked.
        (no wonder they were chatting all match long)

Think before wasting a Scorpion or Viper don't go self destructing it without thinking, use it to destroy the enemy's Tank or rapidly induce heavy damage on a node or core don't waste it just on one player. (unless hes the ORB carrier that can be excused)

The Shaped Charge just doesn't destroy Barricades, you can use it to destroy Nodes, Vehicles and Cores as well.

Warfare isn't DM, its a team assault and tactic game think before acting and help your team mates.

My small contribution on this...

Comment

Rofl, he calls himself "plainlazy" and are going around the servers taking naps on tank spawns. The definition of asshattery. ^^

Good OP, sadly the target group are the ones that I least expect reading this.

Comment

It hasn't completely missed its target group. I learned a couple of things from here. Don't assume us noobs know everything either. What may seem obvious to you could be completely lost on a noob. Take hijacking vehicles for example. It didn't occur to me that I could hijack a vehicle until I was told to do it over my headset by a better player. Before that, I thought I was doing my team a service by blowing it up. Thanks again for this post. If I had read something like this 5 weeks ago when I first started playing. I prolly wouldn't have upset as many people. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
              Rofl, he calls himself "plainlazy" and are going around the servers taking naps on tank spawns. The definition of asshattery. ^^

That's absolutely hilarious. I honestly wish more people like him were around, the game's no fun if you take it too seriously.

Comment

hahah plainlazy is the most obnoxious person on UT lol. what i am rly sick of is---
                1. people grappling on my invisible nightshade
                2. ppl taking viper/manta/scav while im healing it
                3. ppl who, in the beginning of match, hit a light vechile away from you like a manta with stinger secondary so they can get it.

Comment

Cool thread. I usually play vCTF at which i'm not an expert, but no noob. I've tried Warfare a few times, but i'm always so clueless as ta what's goin and/or how ta help my team that i don't ever hardly play it. Maybe i'll read over this a few times and give it a shot. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolreject View Post
                    That's absolutely hilarious. I honestly wish more people like him were around, the game's no fun if you take it too seriously.
                    Agreed. I don't encourage ass clownish behaviour on a long term basis but it is quite refreshing and hilarious to see that kind of thing happen on occasion. BTW does anyone know which server/s he players on? I'd love to join a server and witness him in action. It'd be funny as.

Comment

Make sure you read what Mr Evil has to say in this very informative thread about the nightshade;

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610869

He is 100% right in all counts. He is also one of the top WAR players, so you should listen very carefully when he offers his knowledge and advice as it will help you be a better player.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post

hahaha i love him!

I hate:
                        • Bad players taking jump boots/shooting you if you are waiting for them
                        • Players shooting you if you get a vehicle they want
                        • n00bs using the darkwalker and goliath
                        • people grappling to to your scorpion when you are trying to make a jump
                        • n00bs team killing you because they grapple you and then swing your vehicle off a ledge

Comment

If the game is really intense and high level, with a lot of skilled players around you - don't grab the orb. Let your teammate take the orb and follow him to one side and perhaps a little to the side, with an Avril ready, and also ready to whip out a minigun.

Think of vehichle combinations that work well. If your team has a goliath, get a scorpion, and you'll take care of any vipers or mantas that are a goliath's worst enemies.

Comment

Also taking your orb to the enemy core doesn't make you automatically win. I see so many people take the orb to the core and I'm like wtf are you doing. Of course they don't have a headset. New family guy and American dad tomorrow night just throwing it out there

Comment

There is also a great post on justWARFARE.com about the play and its a bit more indepth about Warfare. Warfare Manual

Don't want to hijack the thread, just giving extra info.

The best way to learn Warfare is to play, and watch the people who get to the top of the scoreboards. And for all those that think pubs are a bit boring because people do steal your vehicles Warfare pickup games on IRC are THE way to go. Because if anything, its home to the top Warfare players there are.

Comment

Working...
                              X