Translocator Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translocator Change

PLEASE make this change, it will help IMMENSELY with the competitive community.

You guys previously said that the Translocator will not run out because it regenerates quickly, and therefore will not run out, and we therefore will not need unlimited translocator. HOWEVER, we realized that the translocator does NOT recharge if it is in use. What this mean is that, if we're in the middle of translocating to the other end of the map, it WILL run out because your ammo does NOT recharge while it is in use.

PLEASE change this so that it recharges while it is IN use. I've never heard of otherwise. Please implement this in patch 1.3.

Thank you,

O.P.P

X2!!! lets just go back to basics!! think UT99!!

Comment

Although this is a good suggestion $100 says it will never get done.

But those oh so annoying bot taunts are long gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why not have an option to allow for the stock recharge value and have a tick option for unlimited? D:

Besides that, the Demo Guy bug needs to be fixed to.

Comment

Er, this isn't exactly a patch request thread, haha. I just really really really want them to fix this translocator so that gameplay can be made funner...

Comment

Yeah - this should at least be an option.

Comment

Too many options make the game overly convoluted. Just make this default transloc behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Opp View Post
                PLEASE make this change, it will help IMMENSELY with the competitive community.

You guys previously said that the Translocator will not run out because it regenerates quickly, and therefore will not run out, and we therefore will not need unlimited translocator. HOWEVER, we realized that the translocator does NOT recharge if it is in use. What this mean is that, if we're in the middle of translocating to the other end of the map, it WILL run out because your ammo does NOT recharge while it is in use.

PLEASE change this so that it recharges while it is IN use. I've never heard of otherwise. Please implement this in patch 1.3.

Thank you,

O.P.P
                +1

Please Epic do this..the game will satisfy even more people.

Comment

and can you please make the translocator keybind stop going back to previous weapon or make it an option.

Comment

Originally posted by M-M-MonsterKill! View Post
                    and can you please make the translocator keybind stop going back to previous weapon or make it an option.
                    you can change that easily!

join #UT3CTF on irc.gameradius.org and i will help you out

Comment

This really isn't that big of a deal and it's a not glaring balance issue or bug. The game is the way it is and we might as well just learn it and master it the way it was meant to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolreject View Post
                        This really isn't that big of a deal and it's a not glaring balance issue or bug. The game is the way it is and we might as well just learn it and master it the way it was meant to be played.
                        have you actually played in a match where you need to trans across the match? have you played in an organized game?

theres not one person who actually has played competitively or even semi-competitively to know that it is not an issue. This is the first UT where it does not regenerate when it is in use, it is unnecessary.

Thanks everyone else for your support, hopefully they listen.

Comment

i would prefer it if i could switch to previous weapon the classic way. I prefer holding primary fire then secondary to switch from trans to prev weapon. This new q system is great for new guys, but i would prefer the faster, more effecient method described above.

Comment

Originally posted by Opp View Post
                            have you actually played in a match where you need to trans across the match? have you played in an organized game?

theres not one person who actually has played competitively or even semi-competitively to know that it is not an issue. This is the first UT where it does not regenerate when it is in use, it is unnecessary.

Thanks everyone else for your support, hopefully they listen.
                            Yes, I have actually. Quite a bit.

Instead of trying to change the game, you compete the way it was made. You have to switch it up now when translocating around. It's different from previous UTs, but what exactly does this break? Everyone playing is in the same situation, so we learn new translocating techniques.

Trying to change the gameplay constantly accomplishes nothing, and you develop "WoW Syndrome" where the devs change things constantly in order to temporarily satisfy people who want the game to be tailored specifically to their style of play.

Comment

This may sound unnecessary and unproductive, but just remove the translocator all together?

Makes gameplay alot better

Comment

Working...
                              X