Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leave the Nightshade alone! Or at least use it cooperatively.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    Haha, I love it when people place a shield directly on the nodes. It's so idiotic. Just orb it and ta-da their stupid *** shield has been turned against them.
    Hahah, I did that once! It was the same game where the enemy gave us their Nightshade on accident. Oh, man.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    Oh, the enemy put a shield on their node! Are we gonna cry about it, or find a way to counter it?
    Haha, I love it when people place a shield directly on the nodes. It's so idiotic. Just orb it and ta-da their stupid *** shield has been turned against them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [GOW] K1lla View Post
    +1

the n00bshade is just as bad as titan... mindless, spammy, and requires no skill
    Remove the spiders and I think it could be much better. Not that spiders are a real threat (shock cores deal with them nicely).

Can't say I hate it any more than I hate Goliaths though. Or Manta's in the hands of some one who can "jump over" avrils (which is bull**** as said avril always hits on my screen). Stupid f-ing vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [GOW] K1lla View Post
    +1

the n00bshade is just as bad as titan... mindless, spammy, and requires no skill

it ruins warfare. i've been blocked by my own teams n00bshade more times than i've been killed by an enemies.
    It doesn't ruin Warfare, it just adds another layer of complication that you have to deal with.

Oh, the enemy put a shield on their node! Are we gonna cry about it, or find a way to counter it? I like the NS because it adds a little bit more strategic depth than "go to X node, then Y node".

Also, the NS does require skill. Heck, this thread complains about noobs not using the NS effectively. You have to keep the NS hidden whilst using it to its full potential. There are some good Warfare players that will stomp all over your Nightshade if you don't know how to use it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
    Lol at the Nightshade. It doesn't belong in a UT game.
    +1

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    It works well in Warfare mode, but that's about it.

If you don't like it, you must have been ran over by it once too many times.
    it ruins warfare. i've been blocked by my own teams n00bshade more times than i've been killed by an enemies.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
    It works well in Warfare mode, but that's about it.

If you don't like it, you must have been ran over by it once too many times.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well put yellowbird! it's all relative to the current game you're playing. maybe play it by ear for the 1st round & see how the teams balance up?
    you can always switch to balance play, and then do your massive core damage moves to swing the tide
    1 sided games really do discourage, & empty servers, but there always has to be a victorious team, in the end!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aleksandar83 View Post
    few questions about mines in warfare..for instance map confrontation
    1))) is it allowed to set LINK mine in enemy base on a place betwen two manta..to cripple the enemy
    2))) and to place spider mine on the same map up in enemy tower ,press the titan transforme and finish the core from tower???
    3))) is it aloud to place the charge/shoot deemer on core and while redeemer is flying press titan transforme and finish the core in 2sec..
    redeemer+titan transforme=72%damage of core
    charge+titan transforme=98%damage of core
    yes to all, but don't use spider mines for the first example, that's considered spawn killing and i've seen ppl getting banned for it.

also, don't spam enemy base with levi ion-cannon shots, that's considered spawn killing as well

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The quick and easy answers:
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
    Those people only complain because they can't cope with or don't want to cope with what you are asking here. Don't cater to the enemy's needs just because they don't like you.

Server etiquette is politics mostly, a balancing act. You must decide if the action that you are considering will yield greater potential gains over potential risks (e.g., earning the ire of the server). You must understand that if you do anything at all effectively, someone will eventually step forward and complain about it. Traditionally, UT3 has been a very hardcore, noob-unfriendly game with a "stop complaining and deal with it" mentality. When the veterans who follow that mantra decide not to perform a potentially "underhanded" action, they do so more out of respect for the other team or not to completely demotivate them, which would kill the server with ragequits, and not because they are concerned with fairplay. Sometimes "do unto others [...]" and "an appropriate action for an appropriate situation" also enter into the thought process.

Be your own player and not the player that the other team wants you to be (i.e., a source of entertainment only that they will eventually and always defeat), unless you are breaking an enforcible rule of that server. If you want to be a nice guy, and most people do, then that's probably healthy for the game in the long run, but DO NOT expect every other player to show you the same courtesy. Hell, even those same people complaining about whatever it is you have done would more than likely perform those exact same actions if pushed hard enough, and they probably won't apologize for it later either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1 fine usually, though often people tend to use spiders aswell which is not good
    2 fine if it's in the top of the tower, people will complain if it's in the main area where they come up or on the jump pad itself
    3 fine, not sure what you mean about charge though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mines and nightshade mines

few questions about mines in warfare..for instance map confrontation
    1))) is it allowed to set LINK mine in enemy base on a place betwen two manta..to cripple the enemy
    2))) and to place spider mine on the same map up in enemy tower ,press the titan transforme and finish the core from tower???
    3))) is it aloud to place the charge/shoot deemer on core and while redeemer is flying press titan transforme and finish the core in 2sec..
    redeemer+titan transforme=72%damage of core
    charge+titan transforme=98%damage of core

i ask this questions becouse lately many people are complain about stuff like this, so pleasse some answer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SKUNDERbau View Post
    yes i know what u mean, i get that sometimes but what is annoying, is there are people out there that know how to use it very well to the teams advantage and there are some whom think its there right to have it, like one day i got it off this guy whom did nothing prob killed 2 people in the first round, he got so annoyed he was following me around trying to give my position away, by getting on his hover board and hooking onto me, or firing at me i hate these idiots who just wont get over it and spoil it for others, why cant people play fair together….
    One of the reasons I switched away from pubs - this dude was waitin on me to hijack my nightshade when I got out to heal so the smoke comin out of it wouldnt give away my position - he just grabbed and ran off then got like a spree or rampage and died. I was actually tryin but takin a big beatin in the process like really struggling to survive and this ******* waits until its almost healed then steals

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by alx-ndr View Post
    There is a MOD pack that contains a friendly fire mod that allows you to control how much damage you can cause.

TBH some team members deserve to get team killed... then taunted. If someone feigns death in front of a tank... they're asking for it lol.
    Pancaking enemy players with your goliath is more fun already got 4 pancake kills with it :S

The only nightshade in warfare is the one at floodgate. When it is a good player it will defend the floodnode.
    That means you'll grab your avril and look around till you lock on something,
    bye bye nightshade.

Also fun with a viper to go in suicide mode, and then don't eject. The driver will go out sometimes and then you get the shade and hit and run him

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    UT2004 had a FF variable, you could set it to 0-100%

In the UT3 server command line or ini file there is a place to turn on FF damage, but I had not noticed a % setting for that.

I have noticed if are you in the way of a vehicle spawning, you die. Tank or Darkwalker in Avalanche, Darkwalker in Islander, have all got me.
    There is a MOD pack that contains a friendly fire mod that allows you to control how much damage you can cause.

TBH some team members deserve to get team killed... then taunted. If someone feigns death in front of a tank... they're asking for it lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X