Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leave the Nightshade alone! Or at least use it cooperatively.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Some very useful information there. Until recently I've always left the Nightshade for more experienced players, as it's such a valuable vehicle that you just can't afford to waste it - especially on Floodgate. I'm starting to risk taking it for a spin more often now, though.

Another good tip to keep in mind is that the deployables will disappear after a while, and when they do your ammo will be restocked so they can be placed again. If you've got the weapon bar hidden like me then it's worth hitting the number keys (1 = spiders, 2 = slow field, 3 = EMP and 4 = shield) every so often and listening for the click to see if a deployable is ready to be set down again. The EMP in particular runs out quickly, so it's good to place a new one as soon as it's gone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great post Mr. Evil. Lots of great info and advice for team play. I totally agree 100%.

One of things I cannot stand seeing is a player waiting for a vehicle to spawn instead of attacking or defending. There are also players who like to shoot at other team mates who take off in the vehicle they wanted. Poor teamwork and poor sportsmanship make for a losing effort. I see so many players just ignore a team mates tank, bender, etc. It only takes a few seconds to heal them and increase the teams odds of winning. It will also increase the odds they will heal you when your in that position.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Leave the Nightshade parked. You cant score with it. It's slow and pathetic. Never gives me problems unless Sythe is waiting in it down low on Necro and invisibely hops out and flakes me, returns flag, then hops back in within .02 secs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've had a few ******** use dirty tricks to steal vehicles from me. Although it wasn't a Nightshade, someone purposly blasted a Viper out of my way just as I was about to get in and then he took it.

But what is annoying is when people stay at the base ALL THE TIME just waiting for the Nightshade to spawn. The time they wait for it could be used for carrying the orb.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Leave Paris Alone

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Back in the Ut2K4 demo days. It became clear that some people were more interested in camping the raptor spawn than actually fighting. There was a whole thread of excellent custom pictures on the old forum of spoofed war information posters telling newbies not to camp the raptor. Maybe they need to be redone for the nightshade?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe the game should even give kills to a player who's been keeping a tank alive long enough when the tank gets kills?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes more points for team work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well said demoniac.. +1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What this game needs is a mutator that awards stuff like healing friendly vehicles. That way, even the score whores will cooperate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On floodgate you should put spider mines at the portal of the enemy prime node. It works a charm.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {AiC}ZzyzX View Post
    Putting the S. Mines on an enemy spawn point is good in vCTF b/c your flag carrier can escape while the enemy is dealing with the attacking spiders. I am also absolutley sick of PEOPLE GRAPPLING ONTO MY NIGHTSHADE WHILE I AM CLOAKED...YOU JUST GIVE AWAY THE POSITION!

Yeah for VCTF Namely Necropolis due to no other stock maps with one, doing that does help get the flag carrier out of there easier, Id say for Warfare though its way more important to heal vehicles/Nodes with it. And I absolutely hate it when people grapple on the nightshade while in cloak, I mean come one thats just common sense not to. I just stop and wait for them to unlatch either that or I uncloak and go backwards usually will make them unlatch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, don't forget that the Spider Mines, EMP and Energy Shield can be placed on friendly and enemy vehicles, if you can get the Nightshade above them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MrEvil, this is no different than people flaking the manta on torlan @ start in 2k4. Its just something to get used to, in life in general: alot of people dont give a **** about anyone else and just want their cheeseburger first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the post, Evil. I'm a newbie and see a lot of good info in there.

I wish we got points for support roles and kill assists like in other games. Healing a darkwalker all game sure might win the match, but it's **** disheartening to be at the bottom of the scorecard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X