Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leave the Nightshade alone! Or at least use it cooperatively.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post Mr. Evil. Lots of great info and advice for team play. I totally agree 100%.

One of things I cannot stand seeing is a player waiting for a vehicle to spawn instead of attacking or defending. There are also players who like to shoot at other team mates who take off in the vehicle they wanted. Poor teamwork and poor sportsmanship make for a losing effort. I see so many players just ignore a team mates tank, bender, etc. It only takes a few seconds to heal them and increase the teams odds of winning. It will also increase the odds they will heal you when your in that position.

Comment

Some very useful information there. Until recently I've always left the Nightshade for more experienced players, as it's such a valuable vehicle that you just can't afford to waste it - especially on Floodgate. I'm starting to risk taking it for a spin more often now, though.

Another good tip to keep in mind is that the deployables will disappear after a while, and when they do your ammo will be restocked so they can be placed again. If you've got the weapon bar hidden like me then it's worth hitting the number keys (1 = spiders, 2 = slow field, 3 = EMP and 4 = shield) every so often and listening for the click to see if a deployable is ready to be set down again. The EMP in particular runs out quickly, so it's good to place a new one as soon as it's gone.

Comment

The nightshade is one of the most strategically important vehicles in the game, It pains me to see it wasted/abused so often

Points for healing vehicles (as well as points for staying close to the flag carrier and points for towing an orb or flag carrier) would help the overall teamwork level, but I still think the biggest problem with the nightshade is just lack of general knowledge of how to use it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
          [*]Beware of car thieves. OK, so sometimes you have to get out for repairs, but you must be 100% sure that the enemy will not steal it from you, and under no circumstances must you abandon your vehicle. An enemy team that gains two Nightshades is going to find it rather easy to win.[/list]
          I know (playing the VCTF maps mostly),that if you need to abandon any vehicle, dump it off in the water. It will destroy what ever machine you had, and prevent the opposing team from using it against you.

Thats where I dumped most of the rafter's I only needed for a quick means of travel. It also ensures a quick re-spawn of the vehicle so your team won't be with-out it for long.

Comment

You can dominate most VCTF maps by hijacking a raptor and destroying the enemies vehicles and flag runners. It's a lethal mistake when your playin me anyway.

Lukec7

Comment

stingers > raptors, most people just don't bother trying to kill them. Any time I see a raptor I take out a stinger and shoot at it for a bit, even if I don't kill it I'll force the driver to retreat for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                stingers > raptors, most people just don't bother trying to kill them. Any time I see a raptor I take out a stinger and shoot at it for a bit, even if I don't kill it I'll force the driver to retreat for a bit.
                If only it made the bots run away...

Comment

LMAO @ score whores )))

Good points about the nightshade though but I doubt people will listen much. I mean who cares about teamwork just put some spiders and EMPs at the enemy core and elsewhere so u can rack up tons of sprees without doin jack seems the prevalent philosophy.

Although grapplin to an invisible nightshade should be considered a felony with the third-time offender being brought into the war crimes tribunal at the Hague facing a minimum of 10 years solitary confinement.

Comment

Originally posted by mega_d0peman View Post
                    LMAO @ score whores )))

Good points about the nightshade though but I doubt people will listen much. I mean who cares about teamwork just put some spiders and EMPs at the enemy core and elsewhere so u can rack up tons of sprees without doin jack seems the prevalent philosophy.

Although grapplin to an invisible nightshade should be considered a felony with the third-time offender being brought into the war crimes tribunal at the Hague facing a minimum of 10 years solitary confinement.
                    If someone wont leg go of the Nightshade and you're in it, give them the ride of their life >=)

Comment

Yeah it gets on my nerves when people just use the nightshade for a quick killing spree, the emp mine is so important because once placed by the dark walker it can make a huge difference and I also think its better to place a spider mine in places that flag holders might go and hide.

I must admit I used to use spider mines on spawning areas but it doesn't really do much for the teams benefit.

I also think a redesign in the scoring would be popular, like maybe 2 points for a kill on someone who is within a certain distance of your flag carrier. I like the way you still get a few points if you get the flag half way home and someone carries it the rest of the way.

Comment

I would like the Nightshade to be in the hands of an expert on my team when I play. I would much rather have my teams spiders in optimal locations. This is not totally altruistic, you see, when they are in the right places, I die less. Running the orb or just capturing the Floodgate node is a 100% suicide run when the enemy spiders are there. Same with other nodes, spawning locations, etc. Proper use of the nightshade typically helps win matches. Improper use leads to the other outcome.

Comment

The last time no-one runs to the nightshade on flood ;p

So i'll grab it place a shield at the node. Let the enemy's jump into it on my nightshade to give me a kill. Don't go away from your node to place spidermines. It's useless in floodgate. You only need your shield and your UBER link gun weapon

Comment

Well if you get points for healin to get the "score whores" to cooperate I see a problem with this - you may very very well find some bright intelligent human being campin the weapon locker with the link gun and a goliath shootin a wall up close - he gets splash damage on himself and heals - for some reason my belief in humanity is low enough to actually think that it will very well start happenin

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                              Was that you underneath my Raptor? Ive gotten excellent at smashing through at high speeds and crushing players that are trying to sting me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                                Was that you underneath my Raptor? Ive gotten excellent at smashing through at high speeds and crushing players that are trying to sting me.
                                Secondary does wonders I almost always have a stinger with me in Suspense since it works so well at range and can keep pancaking vehicles at bay with the secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X