ps3 version worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps3 version worth it?

ive always been a fan of the UT games but for some reason i never bought this one, i downloaded the demo and loved it though.

my pc can run the game on med-high settings so the game would run better on the ps3. i thought about getting it for the ps3 but i was talked out of it a while back because people were telling me it had lag problems and very few people played online.

so my question is now that the game has been patched and is cheaper on the ps3 would it be worth it? also how many people play online? would i have any trouble finding a game for any match type without having to worry about it being mostly bots?

First of all, people are always saying that few people play it, you will always find at least a few matches regardless.
    Second of all, it depends what you're best at, I prefer the PS3 as I've never gotten the hang of keyboards anyway...

Comment

It's worth it if you can get in a good clan. Otherwise, the game has issues because you wont have access to any good matches and the Midway Servers are notorious for Lag, freezing constantly, ect.

Comment

While Luke is correct, I would argue you don't necessarily need to be in a clan, just a few friends who are on mostly the same time as you is enough to keep you going. A clan does change the game slightly, for the better as I have found out but isn't absolutely needed. Some people avoid clans altogether.

As for finding a match, if you play specifically one game mode then you'll most likely be restricted to certain times of the day but if you're happy to spread across a few and enjoy them then there will almost always be a game to play.

Comment

thats good to know, i play online games alot but im just not much of a clan person.

Comment

When the enemies getting away with your flag and some noob loser suicides your viper and then grabs the fury and bails, giving it to the other team, you'll know why clans form.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
              When the enemies getting away with your flag and some noob loser suicides your viper and then grabs the fury and bails, giving it to the other team, you'll know why clans form.
              or pickup games.

irc.gameradius.org #ut3tdm

no clan needed, all PC players welcome.

Comment

If your PC can run it, that's what I would suggest...Even though I don't have a PS3. The PC is always the best platform for UT...My pc can't run it at all, that's why I'm getting in on 360. But I digress, pick up whichever platform you're more comfortable with.

Comment

If you have a choice between PC and PS3 go with PC, epic has basically abandoned the PS3 version and it's still quite buggy.

Comment

Snakes your killing me man. Dont give up. If your unhappy with the matches your seing lately, maybe you should consider a clan move.

Comment

Its good enough for me

I must admit, i bought this purely for the chance to finaly play a kick *** fps and i wasn't disapointed. I can always find a good few people kicking about playing, and with the advantage of using a keyboard & mouse, i can get the pc feeling, if you havn't, its a great chance to play UT3 with great graphics and no slow down

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                        Snakes your killing me man. Dont give up. If your unhappy with the matches your seing lately, maybe you should consider a clan move.
                        Nah, I like my clan. My issues are with the game itself.

Last time we tried to have a clan match various members were unable to join the server regardless of who hosted, vCTF causes my PS3 to freeze almost any time I try to play it, my PS3 occasionally freezes in CTF, character mods are still not fully supported (no family code support), the new epic maps still haven't been added to midway servers, there's still the glitch with the searchlights in CTF-Searchlight, maps don't download upon entering a server (they do on the PC), there's still no way to see who is in a server or to figure out what server/gametype people on your friends-list are in, there's still no clan support, and they completely took out the ability to see which server are in a server once you're in it.

Really, the game is a huge mess (I didn't even bother mentioning a majority of the smaller bugs), my clan and some other players are the only real reason I still play.

Comment

BTW the ps3 version is slower than pc version making some weapons like enforcer and the minigun nerfed (they should have printed that in the case -.-)
                          i would recommend that wait for the next patch if there is one......to buy it

Comment

would you guys just recommend i stick with UT 2004 then?

Comment

Working...
                            X