Dodging on PS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodging on PS3?

Hello all. I've been playing the PC version of the game and loving it. Just yesterday I picked up a PS3 and UT3 and am also really pleased with how well it turned out. At any rate, there are a few things that I'm having trouble with. By reading this forum, I know there is no crouch. But, what about dodging? I see people complaining about the lack of double-tap dodge functionality, but others mention "jump dodging"...how can I accomplish this with the sixaxis controller? What about wall dodging?

Also, why does the in-game friends list not list any of my friends from the PS3 XMB? Is this list separate from the main PS3 friends list?

Thanks!!

Originally posted by iiifrank View Post
    Hello all. I've been playing the PC version of the game and loving it. Just yesterday I picked up a PS3 and UT3 and am also really pleased with how well it turned out. At any rate, there are a few things that I'm having trouble with. By reading this forum, I know there is no crouch. But, what about dodging? I see people complaining about the lack of double-tap dodge functionality, but others mention "jump dodging"...how can I accomplish this with the sixaxis controller? What about wall dodging?

Also, why does the in-game friends list not list any of my friends from the PS3 XMB? Is this list separate from the main PS3 friends list?

Thanks!!
    Its separate so you can have more friends and not run up your PSN account with just UT3 friends. Wall jumping you jump on a wall and hit jump again. jump dodging, I think its when you jump and then hit jump again as your hitting the ground but I'm not sure.

Comment

You automatically dodge if you jump to the side. Crouching is automatically triggered when you're near an object you can get under.

Comment

I dodged a Stinger secondary once. But I didnt dodge the redeemer blast.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
          You automatically dodge if you jump to the side. Crouching is automatically triggered when you're near an object you can get under.
          its these facts that makes ut3 4 ps3 noobs only apply imo.

in fact i cant think of any map that would call for you to crouch to access an area.
          lol so im thinking you cant get a pancake kill manta/raptor on the ps3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot View Post

in fact i cant think of any map that would call for you to crouch to access an area.
            There is atleast one vCTF map with that ship in the middle where on both sides is a pach that you need to "crouch" through.

Comment

double tap dodging would be a nice option to include for player that a more comfortable with it, I know I'd like it for my DS3 since it would alleviate the problems I have with either aiming or moving when my jump button is assigned to one of the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                Thanks! I'll have to work on my jump dodging tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to apply it to walls, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot View Post

vehicles have crouch just not players. I've got a couple pancakes

Comment

Working...
                  X