Why biohazard over and over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
    Not everyone wants pure hardcore all the time. Maps like Biohazard are just good chaotic fun. It's not my most favoritest map ehvar, but I can certainly see the appeal: even a brand new player can get frags and have a good time in that map without people insulting them and beating them down until they're ashamed of themselves. Any anyway, the map is _great_ stress relief.
    I agree.

Biohazard is completely chaotic and it's just massive fun with a lot of people. Even the players who don't get a chance to really home in on their skills will be guaranteed to get a lot of kills.

I was on UMG TDM the other night, it was Biohazard, Fearless, Deck, then Defiance.

Bio and Fearless were the most fun maps of the night. Chaotic, spammy, and no chance to rest. When it got to Defiance I ran a Massacre and almost got another one before the map ended. It wasn't too fun for me and I'm sure it wasn't fun at all for anyone on the other team. The point is that the smaller maps like Bio are maps that give everyone a chance to get kills in regardless of skill. Deny them that and they have no reason to play online.

Comment

I KNOW! i was screaming @ players yesterday for picking biohazard not once, not twice, BUT THREE TIMES IN A ROW!!! Even though i hate it, i almost always win even when im against players who r slightly better than me.

Also, could the supermoderater (who responded) "Entropy" plz look @ the following threads and tell us ur ideas @ EPIC?

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610756
      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610678

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
        Not everyone wants pure hardcore all the time. Maps like Biohazard are just good chaotic fun. It's not my most favoritest map ehvar, but I can certainly see the appeal: even a brand new player can get frags and have a good time in that map without people insulting them and beating them down until they're ashamed of themselves. Any anyway, the map is _great_ stress relief.
        I agree, Biohazard is a cool map, I also enjoy playing Fearless, Deck, Morbias and the Campgrounds. all the other maps I havent had any real fun with..

Comment

towards that comment towards deimos being a really bad map....i disagree, i think epic did a good job creating deimos, and i enjoy playing that map a lot.....looks pretty, good design...i just dont fancy the low grav stuff sometimes, but hey it adds an edge to it

Comment

UT2k4's map vote is perfect... you can remove recent played maps for a few rounds before you can vote it again...

Comment

Biohazard is not a bad map, I think. The problem is that the player load often is too high. Same holds for RisingSun or Morbias.

I think a solution could be that the servers only let these maps appear in the vote list if the player count is less than 10 or 12. (Maybe a respective option could be included an a future patch.)

I had some good matches in Biohazard with 5 to 7 players and it plays totally different then. The impact hammers role is less important and the shock is more useful.

About Daimos: Well, I like that map. Plays well even with many players on it. Exception was recently: One player managed to win the map with the turret with xx to 0 kills. It was a quick but pointless match.

Comment

After I started this thread I happened to play bio again and had a strange event.

I had dual enforcers so I went to camp the berserk when the walls came down and I was starting to get gassed. So, I charged up the impact hammer and jumped right in front of the where the berserk would spawn. I got stuck up in the ceiling somewhere (didn't notice if I was on a ledge or not) and didn't get gassed. Walls came back down and I left in good shape.

Bug or feature? lol

Comment

Working...
                X