Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if PC could play with PS3 and Xbox players?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by {AiC}ZzyzX View Post
    all of the PCers would rape the Xbox 360ers and PS3ers. We have better aim with a mouse and keys to macron. i dont think it would a good idea

You're dumb man. I'm hooking up a mouse and keyboard just to beat the **** out of guys like you on my PS3.

Comment

Lol

What would happen is this,.,. marginally skilled players on PC would have an insane advantage over anyone playing on a console.. im sorry .. But you will never get that gamepad to react, point, and shoot faster than a keyboard and mouse in the hands of your average player.. Not even the 12 year old twitch gods of today.. Just my 2 bits. but a sound opinion none the less imo

Comment

Originally posted by DarthGeeza View Post
        What would happen is this,.,. marginally skilled players on PC would have an insane advantage over anyone playing on a console.. im sorry .. But you will never get that gamepad to react, point, and shoot faster than a keyboard and mouse in the hands of your average player.. Not even the 12 year old twitch gods of today.. Just my 2 bits. but a sound opinion none the less imo
        You can use a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 version of UT3. The gamespeed is still slower but if that was changed it wouldn't be any different than playing it on a PC (Assuming you're using the keyboard + mouse on the PS3 as well).

Comment

Well Id turn off KB/m in all my matches so PC couldnt already have an accuracy advantage. Then I would turn my mic off so I wouldn't have to hear about how liitle Joey on Xbox, is going to tell his mommy on me for owning his server.

Comment

Is anyone using a blutooth keyboard and mouse here?

I think im gonna buy the new logitech dinuvo mini and a blutooth mouse, so I can sit everywhere and play fps games like that, wirelessly.

Comment

keyboard and mouse wont make that much of a difference. sure you can aim better with a mouse but im pretty sure that i still own on midway servers and they allow keyboard and mice and i only use a controller. you PC players think you guys are the best because you play with a keyboard and mouse but im pretty sure it takes way more skill to play with a controller. i cant wait till there is cross-platform play so i can own PC players with my DS3 controller. so why dont all you PC players shut up about how your so good because it gets really anoying.

Comment

Bring it on Console Boy! I split you in half!.....

Everyone knows a PC gamer will always own a Console player.

we are faster!!!

Originally posted by surfacing8671 View Post
                keyboard and mouse wont make that much of a difference. sure you can aim better with a mouse but im pretty sure that i still own on midway servers and they allow keyboard and mice and i only use a controller. you PC players think you guys are the best because you play with a keyboard and mouse but im pretty sure it takes way more skill to play with a controller. i cant wait till there is cross-platform play so i can own PC players with my DS3 controller. so why dont all you PC players shut up about how your so good because it gets really anoying.

Comment

Originally posted by |EnkripT| View Post
                  Bring it on Console Boy! I split you in half!.....
                  hehe id think you'd be surprised.

and everyone knows theres a mod to speed up PS3 game play! oh my bad i guess you dont.

Comment

OK what I am seeing in this post is there are PC, PS3 and XBOX players all wanting to combine platforms so there are more players to be played.
                    Solving this problem is not cross platforming don't get me wrong the more players the better.
                    But if UT3 players in the PC version are not playing the game there is a reason for it wither it be hardware or what, we need to work together and try to make if better! and of course if we can cross platform that would be great to.

#1 Why are there not enough players to play UT3, PC for example there has never been a problem with the previous versions of this game all the way back to the begging there has always be plenty of players.

#2 How can we improve and get more players playing this game if you are a true on-line die hard UT3 player then you want to play with other players not bots. So how do we fix this it is going to be hard with all the bugs and hardware issues that first came out with the PC version, Now that allot if these issues are fixed we need to get the word out and have peeps start playing again and see the great changes that have been made.

#3 OK you say how are we going to do that most people that play a FPS game will play it for about 2 to 3 hours and will make there mind up right there and then as to wither they like the game are not, and like I said with the game binging released with the bugs and the hardware issues that is what has hindered the amount of players.
                    To solve this we will have to do allot of damage control on our own as UT3 fans if you tell a friend to try the game again now that the bug are fixed they will believe you as "No disrespect to Epic or Midway" But if they try to sale me on another game I would have great doubts without first getting feed back from people that have played it.

This is my 2 cents worth for what it's worth and I can only say that I am a true UT fan and continue to support the game and still play UT99,2K4 and UT3 but not near as much as I used to because there are just no players.

Thanks all.

-DM

Comment

Its possible but only 360 and PC not 360 and PS3 or all 3 at the same time

I'm laughing so hard at this thread...ever heard of Final Fantasy XI online? PS3, 360, and PC players all play together on the same servers.

If EPIC wanted they could do the same. It would defiantly improve the over all crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthGeeza View Post
                        the 12 year old twitch gods of today..
                        all me baby. Cept i'm...slightly ...yes, older.

Also, i know why there are no players. Caz whenever noobs play dm with me, i smash them so hard they go crying all the way back 2 CSS and TF2. Seriously. But the game got off 2 A REALLY bad launch, competeing with COD4, TF2 and so on, and as said by some random whos name i do not remember, games don't recover from bad launches.

Anyways, it'll be a wonderful day for UT3 players, if EPIC does anything like this caz their either discussing it with the executives or they're just ignoring the thread.

EDIT : do ps3 players share the same ranking as pc? caz ive never seen a PS3 player in the top 1000.

Comment

bumdiddlyummdiddlyummdiddlyumm shiny scapel, bumdiddlyummdiddlyummdiddlyeh gonna slice him up..

bump.

Comment

I think what folks don't understand is that XBL is a closed network and that is what MS has decided it wants Epic to use for its MP code. There are NO centralized servers that are kept up by Epic and how could anyone expect a company Epics size to maintain such a server farm when that is not the focus of their business. So since one product uses a closed private network ONLY for XBLive enabled games (of which Sony will never have a product running on their platform that says XBLive enabled ... are you kidding me ... they have their own network they are trying to promote) and the other two use Gamespy a public network ... and this means you can't even begin to compare this situation with Final Fantasy XI.

In order to play FFXI you actually have to pay an additional subscription if you are a 360 user since this is not on the XBLive network but they have their own "World" Servers. So are you saying that Epic should go to a monthly fee subscription based mp online model because imo that doesn't even make sense. This is not a MMORPG or some form of MMO game and that is what people are willing to pay for. I doubt many people would pay an additional fee to Epic just for Network play when that is totally going against the norm for mp shooters (and when it seems like the PS3 version is having a problem supporting the full 64 users which for a MMO is a very small amount of players ... to have a MMO your game has to support hundreds even thousands of users on the same level and for UT games to ever do that you'd be sacrificing all the graphics which make it so cutting edge visually and Epic is not going to do that with their own games .... for them they will always want to show how amazing a game can look using their engine, especially their own games and graphically amazing shooters are their bread and butter). I can't ever seeing Epic doing something like that and they would have to charge to support the infrastructure necessary to do what you are suggesting. So no it is NOT something that will ever happen and the reason is not just Epic ... the reason is the Entire industry.

Can you play TF2 on the PC against people on the PS3 version and the 360 version? Can you play CoD4 against people on the PC and PS3 and 360 version? Can people play Dark Sector on the PS3 against people on the 360? Will people on the three different platforms be able to play eachother when they buy GTA IV, arguably the biggest game in history and a game that is more than just your average shooter? Nope and unless the industry does some drastic thing to the mp online shooter paradigm it will never be that way ... XBLive is a closed network and a PC game has to be Live Enabled if it is going to ever have a chance of working with the 360 versions. Most PC shooters these days aren't and even the ones that are (Gears i.e.) don't work unless the engines (and netcode) is exactly the same. Shadowrun did this with a big hit to how good the PC version could have been and we see the result of Halo 2 for the PC having to pretty much look the same instead of really taking advantage of the power of Vista and DX10 with a major reworking of the game engine.

Comment

Working...
                            X