Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if PC could play with PS3 and Xbox players?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would happen if PC could play with PS3 and Xbox players?

Hmm, like online. If PC players could play with Ps3 and Xbox - and Xbox with PC and PS3..so on.

would there need to be massive engine edits?
    would it be more laggy
    would it be too hard for EPIC, or
    is the reason why it wont happen is becaz if that was done, PC players would just own? No offense consoles, but we would.

See, if it was even remotely possible and PC players wouldnt own, i reckon it should be done. Caz, every time i go on (you c, im an Aussie) there is like 1 server with 5 people in 1 game play type only.
    Its quite frustrating when this is such a good game and you really want to play it - and you cant. It just, dammit it sucks!

Anyway, does any1 reckon if its possible to merge PC & PS3 & Xbox360, and if so, should it be done?

Well if it was possible to make a mod which could cross platform I would be all for it. PC players vs console would be like playing adept bots at consoles best.

Comment

Originally posted by IceFrogg View Post
      Hmm, like online. If PC players could play with Ps3 and Xbox - and Xbox with PC and PS3..so on.

would there need to be massive engine edits?
      would it be more laggy
      would it be too hard for EPIC, or
      is the reason why it wont happen is becaz if that was done, PC players would just own? No offense consoles, but we would.

See, if it was even remotely possible and PC players wouldnt own, i reckon it should be done. Caz, every time i go on (you c, im an Aussie) there is like 1 server with 5 people in 1 game play type only.
      Its quite frustrating when this is such a good game and you really want to play it - and you cant. It just, dammit it sucks!

Anyway, does any1 reckon if its possible to merge PC & PS3 & Xbox360, and if so, should it be done?
      Its possible but only 360 and PC not 360 and PS3 or all 3 at the same time.
      Only way of doing it is how its done for shadowrun with the xbox live system on the PC so your playing over the same network.

I think you might be able to do PS3 vs PC aswell but never PS3 vs 360.

I doubt it would be that hard with some coding from Microsoft for xbox live set up.

Also it was quite well done on shadowrun and alot of people enjoyed playing against each other and PC didnt have a advantage over 360 players which was really good.

Comment

Lol i dont really mind which way its done - I JUST WANT MORE PLAYERS!!!!.

Comment

Lol i dont really mind which way its done - I JUST WANT MORE PLAYERS!!!!.
          tbh once it comes out on 360 it will be huge if its ported well.
          Not being big headed but its true now, the 360 is booming in competative play and IF/When MLG/WCG/XL[UK Lan Event] pick up UT3 it will be super active like halo 3.

I think theres on average between 300,000 to 1,000,000 people on Halo 3 and Call of duty 4 everynight.

if UT3 can match this then it will be rape.

Comment

It could be done via some 3rd party app like Xlink Kai or Xbox Connect.

But it would take someone who knew what they were doing to program it.

I really wish it was possible right out of the box. PS3 vs 360 Team matches would be so intense.

Comment

What's worrying me is when the 360 version comes out, the PC community might actually go down, 'cos people will migrate to 360 where there will be more players.

Comment

Time would stand still and the universe would implode!

Comment

Originally posted by snipa2k8 View Post
                  Its possible but only 360 and PC not 360 and PS3 or all 3 at the same time.
                  I'm afraid you have no idea what you are talking about. The PC version won't be able to play with either console version because of the game speed difference.

Comment

The game speed difference is trivial. That can easily be changed in a patch, and there's already a mutator that increases the PS3 speed to that of the PC.

Comment

Oh jeeze i hope the PC community doesnt go down, we barely have 350 total players - this is why i reckon games should be combined, PC and Ps3 does seem more easier caz of Xbox live and stuff..although if microsoft bought EPIC...

Comment

the speed difference is not the issue. that can be fixed vary easily. the problem is that the 360 and the ps3 do not get along very well and are in a war. i dont understand the whole online wars but why dont they have cross-platform game play and yet still have a different store. the store to me is the only difference in the two systems online capabilities. oh and if there is a way to make a mod to have cross-platform play, then SOMEONE MAKE IT BEFORE THE 360 VERSION COMES OUT!! then we could get right to it then wait 2 or 3 months for it.

Comment

Oh jeeze i hope the PC community doesnt go down, we barely have 350 total players - this is why i reckon games should be combined, PC and Ps3 does seem more easier caz of Xbox live and stuff..although if microsoft bought EPIC...
                          so that is why the 360 version has splitscreen......

Comment

DOUBLE POSTER! - 'Give him the chop!"

Originally posted by surfacing8671 View Post
                            that is splitscreen......so 360 why the has version
                            who has the what now?

Comment

Yeah, the 360 is going to have so many people online. I can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X