Easy way to get rid of Intro videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy way to get rid of Intro videos

I'm not really sure why Epic decided we needed to see 6 videos every time we loaded UT3, but again that's one of those design decisions with this installment that make you go Hmmmm.

Anyway,

Find your Unreal Tournament 3 directory (usually in Program Files).

Click the UTGame folder

Click the Movies folder

Grab the Copyright_PC.bik, EpicLogo.bik, Intel_Duo_logo.bik, MidwayLogo.bik, Nvidia_PC.bik, and UE3_logo.bik files and move them to some arbitrary folder of your choosing (or delete them). Game will load straight to Menu, hit a button, and then you're logged in. Simple but effective!

or edit your ini and take out the intromovies lines. do a search and it'll help you. i'm pretty sure adding -nointro or something else to the shortcut works just as well. yours is actually the hard way

Comment

Say it ain't so!

Comment

In the ini I just put ";" before every "startup movie" piece..That way it's easily editable if the need arises...

Comment

Its in ultrons tweak thread @ the bottom of the 2nd post by him

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDemise View Post
            In the ini I just put ";" before every "startup movie" piece..That way it's easily editable if the need arises...
            WINNER!!!!!!!

Comment

My EXE has the following appended to it: -nomoviestartup

And that works fine.

EDIT: but according to Ultron "Just keep in mind that is you use that command line arguement, you will not see _any_ movies played, including campaign ones, so I recommend the first option, just commenting out the specific movies with the ; character."

So there you go. As I have never even played the campaign I suppose it doesn't bother me.

Comment

The switch to remove all movies is -nomovie

The switch to remove only intro movies is -nointro

Comment

Working...
                X