Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

My dad got ****** at me for playing UT3 ''too much'' and deleted all of the UT3 program files and emptied the recycle bin. Can anyone help? He didn't properly uninstall it...

Help you do what?

If you want it properly uninstalled, then just reinstall the game and immediately uninstall it.

If he didn't delete the UT3 folder from the My Documents/My Games then all your settings should be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by -=D0n0v4n=- View Post
      Help you do what?

If you want it properly uninstalled, then just reinstall the game and immediately uninstall it.

If he didn't delete the UT3 folder from the My Documents/My Games then all your settings should be saved.
      He didn't delete that, he doesn't know about it. I would have been ****** if he did because I was working on a custom map.

I run Vista, and he deleted the C>Program Files>Unreal Tournament 3 folder. Now I can't run the game even though the settings are there.

I don't have the disk because I lost it. I figured this [my dad's deeds] would never happen so I didn't bother even when I lost it.

Comment

Looks like it's time for a scavenger hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Hrash0 View Post
          He didn't delete that, he doesn't know about it. I would have been ****** if he did because I was working on a custom map.

I run Vista, and he deleted the C>Program Files>Unreal Tournament 3 folder. Now I can't run the game even though the settings are there.

I don't have the disk because I lost it. I figured this [my dad's deeds] would never happen so I didn't bother even when I lost it.
          Okay, I'm lost...

You stated you "can't run the game even though the settings are there" but you wouldn't be able to if he deleted the binary, which he did.

So again, I'm not sure what exactly your asking for. If you want to be able to play UT3 you'll need to get the installation files from the DVD or Steam.

Another option would be to use System Restore to revert back to the last previously saved point. I'm not entirely sure if it will restore every file as I'm not sure if Sys.Rest. monitors .ini's, which is included in the UT3 install. Note: Restoring can adversely affect current installed programs/settings. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Yeah, get it from Steam for $30, so that if this happens again, you can redownload it for free! Set up a password-protected admin account so it doesn't happen again, and make all of your program folders read-only just in case. . ..

Comment

"Properly uninstalled" means that all the files are gone from ur PC.
              IF u want it properly uninstalled, just delete the Document files, although there r a few in system32, but dw about those.

Comment

Just reinstal it. Then it will work perfectly. Save ur home made map somwhere else on the PC and somwhere on the internett if he manages to delete it

Comment

Working...
                X