Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
    You already ordered?

If not, I'd recommend the new 750 FTW motherboard by asus, and a Q6600 to overclock with it. Also, 1 GB of memory on an 8800 GT is pointless; an 8800 GTS 512 MB or a 9800 GTX would have suited you better.
    You are right about the 1gb being pointless, but thats not why he got that card. The Palit 8800gt has a far superior cooling system, compared to the rest, and Palit offers the same warranty as EVGA(overclocking included). Also the price was actually 20$ cheaper than a normal 8800gt Evga as well. I believe the Gpu cost only 169.99.

Comment

yeah the cooling and the fact that 1 gig will come into play in the future

Comment

The 8800gt will choke on games that would need that much memory. As it is, crysis only uses like 320 max and can bring this card to a crawl (remember we cannot access the high end settings yet, it will be another year at least til any hardware on the market can, so says the developer)

Not a bash against the 8800gt, i use one myself and luv it. Good price though i paid 309 for mine (got it the 2nd week, demand was high and didnt have another pcie vid card cause it was new comp).

Comment

Just my thoughts... please dont take em personally...

an 8800gt with 1gb is kinda waste... that extra 512mb does lil to nothing for now...
          i think most games use only 2 cores... so ya quad core is kinda waste for gaming... atleast for now... unless u doing something else on the other 2 cores in the background?

make sure ur ram speed can go upto 1333MHZ (CPU FSB) for a slightly better performance.

also take note... with that kinda config... u shud be able to own ut3 at 1920x1200 at a pretty stable frame rate... i'm assuming ur getting this just to play ut3 in all its glory (atleast thats what i did when i got my comp )... so ya just be sure u getting the most use of that setup... ut3 @ 1920x1200 looks pretty ownage...

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
            This was sold as a bundle, so I highly doubt he will have any problems. (why bundle hardware that doesnt work together?) If you do have trouble, get a hold of tiger direct and exchange the Mobo for something different.(might have to add a little money though) Out of everything in that bundle, the Mobo was the only thing we didn't research. Sorry Heavens. If you need help with the Bios update, chat with me on XB live.
            If you're speaking of the link you posted on the forums about the $500 system then no, it came with a Quad Core Kentsfield processor. If you there's another system bundled with the same mobo and the E8400 could you please link it as I'd like to take a look at it.

If they did bundle those two products together (right now I'm highly skeptical they did) then they did it for a few reasons...1) they need to move inventory on old models 2) the mobo has already been flashed to the new bios by XFX 3) they just have some non tech randomly issuing bundles without any knowledge on compatibility of components.

Comment

Originally posted by -=D0n0v4n=- View Post
              If you're speaking of the link you posted on the forums about the $500 system then no, it came with a Quad Core Kentsfield processor. If you there's another system bundled with the same mobo and the E8400 could you please link it as I'd like to take a look at it.

If they did bundle those two products together (right now I'm highly skeptical they did) then they did it for a few reasons...1) they need to move inventory on old models 2) the mobo has already been flashed to the new bios by XFX 3) they just have some non tech randomly issuing bundles without any knowledge on compatibility of components.
              Yeah it was a similar bundle, but it ran out last week. 500 for this bundle as well. I originally recommended the q6600 bundle to heavens, but he wasnt interested in OC'ing it. So he went with the higher clock default. The link to tiger direct for his bare bones kit no longer works.

Comment

but yeah.....$169 for an 8800GT with a better HSF than stock? Hell yeah. If i didnt already buy this 9600GT (Super Over Heat edition), then I probably would have gotten that.
                Again...1GB isnt all that useful now, but still, its cheaper than a standard 8800GT, so its kinda like a plus. Kinda like when you get those free raffles/scratch offs and always loose >_>

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                  but yeah.....$169 for an 8800GT with a better HSF than stock? Hell yeah. If i didnt already buy this 9600GT (Super Over Heat edition), then I probably would have gotten that.
                  Again...1GB isnt all that useful now, but still, its cheaper than a standard 8800GT, so its kinda like a plus. Kinda like when you get those free raffles/scratch offs and always loose >_>
                  1 GB is very useful - DX10 + FSAA and you need more then 512 to play smoothly at high screen resolutions on this game and many others too.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenz Night View Post
                    Props to sincreator for scouting the deals

Palit GeForce 8800 GT Super+1GB Video Card
                    XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Socket 775 Motherboard
                    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz 6MB 1333FSB CPU
                    OCZ Platinum Rev 2 2048MB PC6400
                    Maxtor 300GB SATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G
                    Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU Cooler

Finally ill be online the pc version to challenge the rest.
                    And another n00b to shoot down in the Game

Welcome to the Game - Fragged Player

Comment

Originally posted by Haley[ACS] View Post
                      And another n00b to shoot down in the Game

Welcome to the Game - Fragged Player
                      lol this "noob" has been a unreal player since 1998...you were prolly still bugging your mom for a PS1 back then

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                        You are right about the 1gb being pointless, but thats not why he got that card. The Palit 8800gt has a far superior cooling system, compared to the rest, and Palit offers the same warranty as EVGA(overclocking included). Also the price was actually 20$ cheaper than a normal 8800gt Evga as well. I believe the Gpu cost only 169.99.
                        Oh-- that's pretty good then. Better than getting an 8800 GT and buying your own cooling, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
                          1 GB is very useful - DX10 + FSAA and you need more then 512 to play smoothly at high screen resolutions on this game and many others too.

But the 8800 GT isn't really fast enough to make use of all of it. Sadly =(

Comment

Well its all put together and looks sweet ... especially with that enormous heatsink on it but as i have feared the mobo wont post due to the older bios like the guys said , ill have to get hold of tigerdirect for a mobo replacement .. if anyone can point me to a good replacement board for my current gear it would kick *** thanks..

again here are my current parts

800 watt sli rated psu

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenz Night View Post
                              Well its all put together and looks sweet ... especially with that enormous heatsink on it but as i have feared the mobo wont post due to the older bios like the guys said , ill have to get hold of tigerdirect for a mobo replacement .. if anyone can point me to a good replacement board for my current gear it would kick *** thanks..

again here are my current parts

800 watt sli rated psu
                              http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...IN#detailspecs This board is alright for your setup, but it only supports DDR-2 800 ram. If you want a board that supports DDR-3 they are all around 300$. Almost everyone I know has an Asus MoBo, and they are great.(research it just to be 100% sure) Check out my beast Mobo with all the heat sinks and pipes, the ram even has its own heatsinks and a fan, but in the picture there is no fan on the Mobo: http://ca.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=...30&modelmenu=1 Click enlargement for the detailed pic.

Comment

http://www.guru3d.com/article/mainboard/525/

I don't see any reason for anyone to get a board that ISNT that one. Newest tech, great price.

Comment

Working...
                                X