New PC :)

Props to sincreator for scouting the deals

Palit GeForce 8800 GT Super+1GB Video Card
    XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Socket 775 Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz 6MB 1333FSB CPU
    OCZ Platinum Rev 2 2048MB PC6400
    Maxtor 300GB SATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G
    Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU Cooler

Finally ill be online the pc version to challenge the rest.

Congrats, nice pc.

Comment

You already ordered?

If not, I'd recommend the new 750 FTW motherboard by asus, and a Q6600 to overclock with it. Also, 1 GB of memory on an 8800 GT is pointless; an 8800 GTS 512 MB or a 9800 GTX would have suited you better.

Comment

Tbh I don't see the point in such a bragging thread....
        I get it that you're happy with your new pc, but well...
        Just my opinion...

Comment

nice... see you in the game

Comment

Originally posted by Froooooom View Post
            Tbh I don't see the point in such a bragging thread....
            I get it that you're happy with your new pc, but well...
            Just my opinion...
            I think it's a good example of exactly all the right parts to buy. Anyone looking for what they should buy should copy that list.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
              I think it's a good example of exactly all the right parts to buy. Anyone looking for what they should buy should copy that list.
              I disagree. Building a PC is arbitrary.

Heavenz Night: You should do a little research before you purchase that mobo. It needs a BIOS update to the P07 to run the Wolfdale processors and there has been some problems with that bios and the 45nm processors. Just FYI if you purchase that list and attempt to build it only to find out it isn't posting.

Comment

thx for the warning about the bios but i already have the board , all im waiting for now is my vid card to be delivered

Comment

wow!

Heavenz Night: You should do a little research before you purchase that mobo. It needs a BIOS update to the P07 to run the Wolfdale processors and there has been some problems with that bios and the 45nm processors. Just FYI if you purchase that list and attempt to build it only to find out it isn't posting.
                  if i was you id find the XFX tech support forums,
                  and see what othere users of your board are talking about with regards to the above comments.

Comment

Originally posted by -=D0n0v4n=- View Post

Yes, you have a very good point.

Comment

I'd go for a quad. Smoother subjectively, and they overclock easily to beat duos. Ok the duos OC even further, but at that point, the CPU's are so fast as not to really limit the FPS.

As for memory -OCZ reapers 2x2gb ftw.
                      Lastly - the PSU is as important as any other component and needs listing.

Perhaps. We need benches.....

Comment

omg the internet is flooded with xfx 680i Lt issues , i spent over an hour reading horror stories people posted about

so my main issue assuming its not a DOA board will be the bios update , if it wont boot in the stock "older" bios to let me update it to P07 i have no option but to exchange the board with one compatible out of the box?

the psu is SLI rated but i dont have the details atm i think it was 800 watt i forget

Comment

Best of luck with the build.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                            See, I can be unbiased when it comes to hardware. Heavens paid less than 800$ for everything he listed. His com can kick the **** out of my rig. lol. Mine cost about 1200$ about 6 months ago. Im still very happy with my rig though.

Comment

Originally posted by -=D0n0v4n=- View Post

This was sold as a bundle, so I highly doubt he will have any problems. (why bundle hardware that doesnt work together?) If you do have trouble, get a hold of tiger direct and exchange the Mobo for something different.(might have to add a little money though) Out of everything in that bundle, the Mobo was the only thing we didn't research. Sorry Heavens. If you need help with the Bios update, chat with me on XB live.

Comment

Working...
                              X