360 Auto-Aim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 Auto-Aim

I know it could get annoying, but this is something that became a problem during the past years on Consoles.

I'm sure that the 360 version will have "auto-aim" and/or bullet magnetism. Can you please, by the love of god (Epic ), make it at least Optional or simply remove it.

There is going to have a lot of Comptetitions on UT3 360 (MLG, WCG, Online matches) and the auto-aim is going to have a huge impact.

I do not know what is going on with the auto-aim, but if you guys are making it possible here are my suggestions about it.
    • Make it optional in the menu for the players
    • Make it optional [on/off] when you Host a game for all the players so if you do not want anyone to cheat (auto-aim) you simply take it Off.

UT 3 is a competitive game and it doesn't need any auto-aim even on the 360. Plus, the 360 controllers are the best for FPS [I mean, on console] and the thumbsticks are pretty much accurated.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 doesn't have any auto-aim Online and the game is doing well. I have to say that, the fun factor is pretty much coming from developing his aiming skills so... adding auto-aim isn't really helping in this case.

Thx for the consideration .
    - Khris -

Im a PC player so this doesn't really affect me but it's good to see that some of the console players are wanting to remove the training wheels, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweakd View Post
      Im a PC player so this doesn't really affect me but it's good to see that some of the console players are wanting to remove the training wheels, so to speak.
      Agreed. I do have it for my PS3, but I don't play it due to the lack of split-screen. I may just swap my PS3 for a 360 now though, as I really just bought UT3 PS3 so I could DM with friends when they're over, and you can't do that on a PC.

Comment

I'm also a PC player, but seriously... having Auto-Aim was great years ago when the players were new to "thumbsticks", but this was 7 years ago.

Time has changed, players changed and the need of "auto-aim" is more like a urban rumor now and it's getting really annoying to be obligated to play with it like in Halo 2-3 or any other FPS.

It's not cool to know that a program is doing the last 25% of the job, a 25% that you can never achieve yourself.

[thx for the title editing guys ^^]

Comment

There is practically no console shooter that has auto-aim anymore. By auto-aim I mean that you don't even need to aim anywhere, your shots automatically hit your target. However, almost every console shooter uses something called reticle adhesion or camera adhesion. It basically slows down your reticle a bit when it passes over an enemy. The bullets don't automatically hit your enemy like it does with auto-aim. You still have to aim correctly in order to hit your target. Camera adhesion is pretty much an aiming helper. thats all. It doesn't do anything to your shots. Epic put it in UC2 and GOW, so I wouldn't be against it if they put it in UT3. Its almost necessary in a game as past paced as UT3 because gamepads aren't as accurate as mice.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
            There is practically no console shooter that has auto-aim anymore. By auto-aim I mean that you don't even need to aim anywhere, your shots automatically hit your target. However, almost every console shooter uses something called reticle adhesion or camera adhesion. It basically slows down your reticle a bit when it passes over an enemy. The bullets don't automatically hit your enemy like it does with auto-aim. You still have to aim correctly in order to hit your target. Camera adhesion is pretty much an aiming helper. thats all. It doesn't do anything to your shots. Epic put it in UC2 and GOW, so I wouldn't be against it if they put it in UT3. Its almost necessary in a game as past paced as UT3 because gamepads aren't as accurate as mice.
            Auto-aim = reticle adhesion

Bullet Magnetism = if your aim by exemple turn red, your bullets (projectile) will directly go on the target where it was when you triggered even if the target wasn't in the center of your aim.

But I could be wrong, but it's what I learned during my formation and during the past years. The only important point here is to understand what we mean by using these words anyway.

So if for you auto-aim doesn't exist anymore [what is optional in UT3 on PC, so it's there], than simply make this reticle adhesion Optional. R6 Veags was also using it in the SIngleplayer and Call of Duty 4 is using it in the Mutliplayer as much in the Singleplayer.

Are we on the same vibes here?

Comment

I think the term everyone is looking for is called aim assist which is very different to auto aim.

Comment

Originally posted by Conroy View Post
                I think the term everyone is looking for is called aim assist which is very different to auto aim.
                yup the ps3 ut3 has the "assist" and i find it more annoying than helpful

Unreal Championship 1 is the best example of auto aim , and i was of the many proud uc1 players who played in AA-off servers

Comment

well it's pretty much all the same, it helps the player to get his kills. lolll

Comment

UC for xbox had an Auto-Aim off option, I'm not sure about UC2, but I'm sure that this will have that option as well.

Comment

That has always been the case for the console Unreal titles.

I'm sure they'll have it to where it's not super gay auto-aim like UC1. I would'nt expect the ability to turn it off fully though.

Comment

I really really hope its an option you can turn on or off. But its sure to be there in some way. The UC1 auto aim wasn't too bad. But you COULD turn it off. But its ruined lots of other shooters (cough Halo 3 cough).

Comment

Halo 3 and COD4 both have aim assist in the form of magnetism, and it doesn't seem to be effecting the competitive nature of those titles (especially Halo 3 which just concluded a successful MLG tournament a couple weekends ago).

That said, I play UT3 on the PC with my 360 controller and I don't find it impossible at all. For some strange reason, it just seems to flow well. Of course, it could just be because I play bots almost exclusively. If the Xbox 360 version is, in fact, a bit slower than the PC version, I think it'll be just fine. My only comment would be that I hope there is NOT a server setting to filter out people based on the aim assist preference. I see no good reason to split the UT3 population. Proper aim assist like in Halo 3 and COD4 is not *that* big a deal.

Comment

UC1 AA-off all the way haha good to see there are some former players on here. The only reason I wouldn't object to a little aim-assist on the 360 is because if there is absolutely none, the game will obviously be basically all rocket/flak whoring. The same was true for UC1 AA-off. Either way I'm sure the game will still be great. The thing about aim assist is that everyone would have it, so there's still a level playing field, it would just change in-game strategy. Shock combos>all either way :P

Comment

As long as it doesn't automatically position the cursor I'm fine. That can really mess up shock combos.

Comment

Working...
                              X