Why not create 1 WAR league in europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not create 1 WAR league in europe

Isn't it easier for all WAR/Vctf players to create 1 WAR/Vctf community in europe? Most of the players are scattered all over the place..

if we could provide them 1 solid place to meet their friends and other players? To give them a stable enviromment where they can chat/communicate/relax/talk about UT3 problems they are facing....

**** Just an idea though****

There have already been a number of initiatives in this area. JustWarfare.com for example, was around since day one, and the IRC channels and pick-ups etc.

What did you have in mind?

Personally, I would have liked to see in-game browser integration where you have profiles etc.

The functionality in there right now is good but I find it lacking and as this will lead me right into a big whine about the GUI, I will not bother.

Comment

the idea was that there are numerous sites where players can join....isn't easier to join ONE big game network for all players instead of those numerous sites?

Comment

maybe some players are scared to join because they fear they are not good enough to join. Maybe they think that they should be pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Rabbit View Post
          maybe some players are scared to join because they fear they are not good enough to join. Maybe they think that they should be pro.
          Probably because when newbies join a server they all too frequently find themselves shouted at by the oldbies instead of receiving helpful advice.

Comment

To be honest the more experienced/better players are the one's more lenient towards the newcomers. I always give helpful advice if I can, and you'll often hear me on the battlefield saying things like "Yes I know I have a flag, but instead of shooting me try shooting the enemy flag runner", "please don't give our vehicles to the enemy team, they really do have enough of their own." and "You're running the wrong way with their flag! Come back Forrest!".
            It's a darn site more helpful than screaming "n00b!" at them, as they're usually apologetic and we can have a giggle at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Rabbit View Post
              the idea was that there are numerous sites where players can join....isn't easier to join ONE big game network for all players instead of those numerous sites?
              Yes, but you need the players to agree to that and I am not sure how you can do that without locking them to a seperate software/networking platform a la Steam or Xbox Live. I wouldn't mind to be honest, but I still think there is no reason such a feature cannot be in-game....

And not sure how warmly received it would be by other players. Or how much work it would be to setup in the first place. And who would do that work

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
                To be honest the more experienced/better players are the one's more lenient towards the newcomers. I always give helpful advice if I can, and you'll often hear me on the battlefield saying things like "Yes I know I have a flag, but instead of shooting me try shooting the enemy flag runner", "please don't give our vehicles to the enemy team, they really do have enough of their own." and "You're running the wrong way with their flag! Come back Forrest!".
                It's a darn site more helpful than screaming "n00b!" at them, as they're usually apologetic and we can have a giggle at the same time.
                Wait soo n00b is offending?

I remember being called a n00b alot maybe because i took too many flags or lamed a vehicle

Comment

Well, I guess i'm used to players in ut2k4 headshotting me as I spawn, and calling me n00b... I took offense by it, cos obviously I wasn't as 1377 as them, their names were usually something like "-*∂ssåßß1n8r•-" or "nüTTåß45†4®∂', and quite obviously had something wrong with their keyboards.

Comment

http://clanbase.ggl.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                      Wait soo n00b is offending?
                      The term "noob" has been used as an insult so frequently over the years that yes, it's often considered offensive. "Newbie" is better.

Comment

I prefer to call them new players myself n im very glad when i see that more are joinin.If u are new n wanna learn something join a site n ask.Someone will find time to help you.If some moron calls u n00b etc dont mind him.Morons exist but decent players always find some time to help.The thing that i dont like is when someone asks in game what the orb does or how u heal a vehicle n stuff.Thats embarrassing n not to ask for help in some forum.

Comment

My preference would be:

1 UT3 gamecenter in North america
                          2. one in europe...

And then compete eachother in monthly battles with random teams
                          new players and advanced players together.

www.justwarfare.com
                          www.zerofrag.com

Comment

All I ever see on our team chat is like "Dumbass in the goliath" on tankcrossing, or like 0rb runner n00b on other levels etc. Probably not to encouraging for those just startin out. I like to tell evryone I'm a noob right at the start so they think I aint about nothin, then go whoop em and rack up on of the top scores on warfare. Its funny when u tell em that they start insultin u tellin u to shut up cause u a self-admitted n00b then u wipe ur *** with them all game actions speak louder than words

Although I really am a n00b, been playin since the demo version came out and just a very little bit of 2k4

As for clans/community whatever, well I do play on Russia-friendly servers in terms of ping, so I happen to know most of the people that play with me. Sometimes after a particularly dominant outing in vctf ppl add me to friends and invite me to matches once in a while so I guess that's another way of goin about it if u wanna get a "community" goin.

Comment

To answer the original questions for this thread...

There is already a community based web site and forums for gamers. It is known as Fragged Nation (or FN for short).

www.fraggednation.com

This gamers community is made up of all gamers from COD, UT 99, UT2K4, UT3, Quake, etc. The refferees and game admins that look after the forums and ladders are all gamers themselves. The more people that sign up, the better.

Here the gamers themselves create their own accounts, create their own teams. If there is enough interest various ladders can be created such as 1 v 1, 2 v2, CTF, warfare, etc. Then your team can challenge another team and the results get recorded and you challenge the next team.

There are several games that have hundreds of people play all the time, but UT3 has been slow getting kicked off, due to the large number of UT3 people around the world not knowing where to go for the one central place.

If there is enough people out there wanting to get a warfare ladder (or any other ladder started) then drop by fraggednation.com and take a look. Sign up, drop a post on the forums and show interest in general.

They are always looking for new players, volunteers... biggest problem is getting the game servers to play on and they rely on clans or indiviuals to donate their own servers for the game play from time to time.

If people take a look and you like it, spread the word and the more interest in UT3 on FN, then we can get a league kicked off. Newbies are able to drop by and see whats going on, can see the different teams and send messages to a team or indiviual and maybe start their own team.

Comment

Working...
                              X