Why did .ini changed during the night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did .ini changed during the night?

Well, i just wanted to play UT3, so i launched it BUT, the game asked my CD key,after that i saw publicity at the game launch (that i kicked a long time ago), there was another name in my login, really wierd.
    So i just made an instant action, and then: no hud and no sound...
    There was no hud as if the "togglescreenshotmode" is directly done, so tapping it my hud was back but i have nor more sound/music

Someone may hacked my UT3? or it's gamespy who changed my .ini??
    I want my audio back but i dont know what to do to get them back...
    This is the exemple why having online setting game is a bad thing...

Gamespy had some ini trouble at some point, so you should try again now.

Comment

Sounds definitly dont work anymore: i have sounds in publicity, but at the moment i enter the game, no more sounds: in my audio settings, all the sfx, music, voice, ambience and announcer dont work anymore

Comment

Well then try this:

Go to My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTgame(or something similar)\Configs\

Then back up your ini files.

After the backup then delete the ones in \Configs\, as UT3 will generate new ones for you.

Comment

Thank you Giggity, i will try this tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
            Gamespy had some ini trouble at some point, so you should try again now.
            I am confused by this statement - are you meaning to say that Lamespy is controlling the .ini's of our server when we try to play on it??? Is this why we have been having issues with not hearing when our flag is taken or returned? and has caused me endless hours of trying to figure out why my maps are not playing sounds??, because Lamespy is controlling my server??? This just doesn't sound right . . . I need an answer to this . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by -=TD=-DEMON View Post
              I am confused by this statement - are you meaning to say that Lamespy is controlling the .ini's of our server when we try to play on it??? Is this why we have been having issues with not hearing when our flag is taken or returned? and has caused me endless hours of trying to figure out why my maps are not playing sounds??, because Lamespy is controlling my server??? This just doesn't sound right . . . I need an answer to this . . . .
              Sounds don't have anything to do with gayspy.

Gayspy remembers your personal ini settings online so that wherever you log in you have your own preferences, keybinds, etc. Quite good actually. Shame is that gayspy is offline too often which makes it not worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by -=TD=-DEMON View Post
                Well reason some maps don't do sounds is because it's in your cache. Use Brad G.'s cache converter to solve that.

Well even if Gamespy don't do sounds, there still might be a problem with his ini's.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
                  Well reason some maps don't do sounds is because it's in your cache. Use Brad G.'s cache converter to solve that.

Well even if Gamespy don't do sounds, there still might be a problem with his ini's.
                  Well, glad Lamespy is not screwing with the server ini's. Their is nothing wrong with my ini files - it's just over the past 2 weeks several of us have noticed that some of the maps play the sounds when flag is taken/captured/returned and then on some maps you don't hear anything. And it is not just our own maps - it is default maps where we are experiencing the same issue - sometimes you hear the sound and sometimes you don't. Very strange. And when I interpreted what was said above (though incorrectly on my part - sorry - I knew that didn't make sense), I thought that our problem was solved and I could blame Lamespy - now I have more confusion to deal with . . . And I DO NOT EVER leave anything in my cache folder - it is empty . . .

Comment

The most ingenious move ever: Integrating Gamespy into your game

Comment

Working...
                    X