This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 on 360 Spit-Screen Question based on Gametrailers.com

This may have been asked already but I am bit confused by the trailer I saw on Gametrailers.com.
    On my 360 in Split Screen mode, will me and my wife be able to play in this mode offline, just against bots? Similar to what you can do with Star Wars Battlefront?
    In this link he mentions System Link, why would you need this if you had Local Co-op? If you have seen the link, or want to watch it, here it is:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33065.html

I just hope I don't have to system link like Doom, I want to just be able to play offline-against my wife, with bots, just like the Star Wars Battlefront modes, but it kind of sounds like you can't. What does everyone else think, or know???
    THANKS A BUNCH

I can't see why they'd make split-screen online-only.
    You could do system-linked split-screen and have all four players on two systems, and all in the same room, doing the SP's 4-player co-op, as well, I suspect.
    Personally, most of those GT comments sound immature, reactionary and are clearly flame-bait. I wouldn't put too much credence into any of their comments.

Comment

Mark Rein explains how the split-screen will work in this interview: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33064.html

Comment

That is the same Video I am talking about only your link takes you to the High Definition Version not the Standard One I am sending people to. Yes it is Mark Rein talking not "Fanboys". His comments are convoluted and somewhat confusing. He talks split-screen and then goes right into System link talk. Why would you need system link, when you have split-screen co-op in local, unless it offers 4 person play in system link? His comments have confused me. All I really want to know is if I can play it "offline" in co-op mode with my wife and the two of us vs. the bots, or her on one team of bots and me on another team of bots playing against each other? Mark Rein is not really clear in that interview. Sorry, don't mean to be a pain, just really curious thats all.
        THANKS A BUNCH

Comment

Originally posted by frostquake View Post
          That is the same Video I am talking about only your link takes you to the High Definition Version not the Standard One I am sending people to. Yes it is Mark Rein talking not "Fanboys". His comments are convoluted and somewhat confusing. He talks split-screen and then goes right into System link talk. Why would you need system link, when you have split-screen co-op in local, unless it offers 4 person play in system link? His comments have confused me. All I really want to know is if I can play it "offline" in co-op mode with my wife and the two of us vs. the bots, or her on one team of bots and me on another team of bots playing against each other? Mark Rein is not really clear in that interview. Sorry, don't mean to be a pain, just really curious thats all.
          THANKS A BUNCH
          If it does 4-player split-screen, then you could do 4v4 with two systems linked and four players on each. Local, as far as I know, means offline, so split-screen working local means it works offline.

Comment

Thanks for the Info and for trying to clear up for me, much appreciated!!!

Comment

You can play 2-Player splitscreen in instant action in addition to Xbox Live and system-link.

Comment

Working...
              X