Newbie with some quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with some quick questions

Just bought UT3 tonight and happy to join the community.

Quick questions:

Why is my avatar color changing in Warfare every time I die? I'm getting hugely confused about which team I'm on. Was the server auto-balancing me to different teams repeatedly or is this a feature of UT3? I'm really confused as I was getting killed by guys my own color and not doing damage to players of the opposite color.

I never manually downloaded the newest patch and see no way of knowing what version I'm currently playing. Are patches auto-downloaded somewhere and I missed its installation?

Thanks for any info. The color changing thing really has me stumped. I must have looked like a complete idiot in game as I had no idea who the enemy was or what node to defend or attack.

You'll need to state what platform you're using; ps3 or pc?

Comment

Oops, sorry, not used to UT being multi-platform. I'm on the PC.

Comment

In reference to the latest patch.... one of the moderators usually posts about it as a sticky in the UT3 general forum at the top.. talking about the newest patches... but it doesn't seem to be here... but you can download it here as well, patch 1.2...http://browse.files.filefront.com/Un...owsefiles.html

Also, the version number of the patch in the PC version is located on the left hand side after you login.

Comment

Thanks. Downloading now.

Any ideas about the gun/armor changing colors on me?

Comment

Ok , patches need to be downloaded separately, 1.2 is the latest, tho hopefully 1.3 won't be long now . Once patched it states in the user interface (UI) what version you're running.

There are loads of visual clues as to which team you're on ;minimap locator, armour, surrounding teamates ,core colour at start,spawn point node colour. If you are still not sure or get confused mid-game, just jump on your hoverboard and you'll see your full skin.

Comment

There does seem to be a bug regarding the character colour. Your HUD (stuff at the corners that displays weapons/health/etc) should always be in the color of the team that you're on. However, sometimes your character will be in the wrong color, though you'll only notice this when hoverboarding.

You can get tossed over to the other team before the map switches over to the next one, but this won't happen during a match.

Comment

just like moonblood mentioned, the HUD reveals what team you are in, and atleast for me i hear an announcer say "You're on Red/Blue" depending on what team im on. In the 1.2 patch the randomize teams feature arrived, it's possible that you where playing on a server with that feature enabled, hence you where changing teams between games.

I hope you manage to sort this out so that you can start enjoying one of the best FPS's out there

-tJev

Comment

Originally posted by WorldEaterZ View Post
                  Just bought UT3 tonight and happy to join the community.
                  Welcome

Comment

Working...
                  X