Using fraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using fraps

I want to make a couple of movies of myself playing but I get the most ridiculous lag whenever I run fraps. I don’t even think its my computer really (p4 3.2ghz/2.5 GIG RAM/ x1950 pro 512MB) because it doesn't matter if I run at 1920x1200 or 320x XXX I cant get more than 25FPS. It's pretty pointless to try and make a frag video if you're only getting 25FPS. I have vsyc off and frame rate smoothing off. When I'm at 1024x XXX I'm getting around 60-70 FPS but as soon as I turn fraps on it drops to 25.

I'm on version 2.90 of fraps full version.

Wtf only 1 view????? DOES'T ANYONE KNOW????????????!!!!!!!!!???????!

Comment

Mobusta,

All I can say is FRAPS is a CPU HOG. I couldn't say for sure but I think you'd need to upgrade. For example on my rig (Quad core 6600@3.6ghz , 4 gb ram, 8800gt) it takes probably a 30% performance decrease, maybe more. Usually when recording action it hovers between 30-60fps. And, like you say, lower resolutions don't seem to have any benefit (i.e. they aren't any faster). : /

Comment

Yup it's just a resource hungry app. No way around it.

Comment

Fraps maxes your fps at max something depending on your settings by default 25 fps, you also need crack/pay it if you want more fps, this will also require a better cpu.
          That is why people make demos (serverside demos in ut3 because clientside doesn't work) and use those to make movies, with tools to slow down or pause the speed of the demo (rypelcam).

Comment

Working...
          X