2 EXTRAmaps XBOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smood View Post
    Ergh. Can't stand 'couch' gaming. I mean if I want to watch a movie I suppose but gaming? Give me a nice executive office chair that supports me and is comfortable and is optimal for good fast movement and quick and precise aiming with M/KB and I'm very happy. But thats just me.
    wow.... Your gai.

I own PC gamers in Shadowrun. I'm a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by K7L33THA View Post
      Fair enough. To me I just can't get into gaming at a desk. And the mouse kb deal can be a pain if your sitting on a bed or recliner (I know from my Dreamcast days). But you can't always say that a m/kb player would own a controller. I waited a long time for that right analog stick, and believe me I know how to use it in an Unreal game.

But whatever works for you!
      Ok then how about just saying I would own you? Of course if you pit a PC noob against a league tourney player with a joystick the PC guy is certaintly going to get killed. And you can narrow that diversity of skill somewhat with the same result but as soon as you have 2 players with skill levels that approach eachother the Joystick user is going to start getting destroyed and the kill ratios will increase for the PC user as he approaches the joystick's users skill level.

Keep in mind that is not to say that a Pro pc player will never be fragged by a pro console player, I mean we are talking probabilities here, nothing is absolute. It is just the direction of the averages and the Kill ratios that I'm concerned with.

I would make a nice graph if I had a bit more time.

Comment

Ok then how about just saying I would own you? Of course if you pit a PC noob against a league tourney player with a joystick the PC guy is certaintly going to get killed. And you can narrow that diversity of skill somewhat with the same result but as soon as you have 2 players with skill levels that approach eachother the Joystick user is going to start getting destroyed and the kill ratios will increase for the PC user as he approaches the joystick's users skill level.

Keep in mind that is not to say that a Pro pc player will never be fragged by a pro console player, I mean we are talking probabilities here, nothing is absolute. It is just the direction of the averages and the Kill ratios that I'm concerned with.

I would make a nice graph if I had a bit more time.
        A nice opinion. My opinion is that m/kb or controller is an input device that player users to apply their skills. If someone trained/played on a m/kb for years I'm sure they'd be pretty good. Now that same logic applies to a controller. If I've been playing on a controller for years, I'd be much better at it than the m/kb.

Comment

How so? As far as I know Unreal started with UC in 2002 on XBOX. In fact the playstation users (PS2) had UT original in 2000 while we PC users had Unreal in 1998.

I'm afraid you'll have to be relegated to noobville and the Playstation users are upgraded to noobletton. On the other hand you guys played UC so that kind of balances things out or maybe shifts things in your favour. But UC is scoffed at by many hardcore UT pc players so I dunno.
          Consoles in general are scoffed at by many PC players; it's part of what gives us a bad name in many cases.
          UC is ultimately what 2k3 should have been. An expanded and more complete species and character system gave it an extra level of depth that the limited species stats mutator never quite matched.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender W 09 View Post
            wow.... Your gai.

I own PC gamers in Shadowrun. I'm a beast.
            Be careful you don't want any warning points from mods. Lets try to keep things civil.

Shadowrun? Yes the game that has auto-aim for consolers and gimps PC players specifically so both are balanced? Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
              Consoles in general are scoffed at by many PC players; it's part of what gives us a bad name in many cases.
              UC is ultimately what 2k3 should have been. An expanded and more complete species system gave it an extra level of depth.
              I wouldn't really agree with that. I would say the smaller minority of dedicated PC gamers (people who play only Pc games) will of course scoff at consoles. But I think many other less dedicated PC gamers (ie. users more open to multi-plat) will support consoles as well. But I suppose that goes without saying.

Let me put it this way. The group of dedicated PC gamers that outright diss and scoff at consoles is probably less than 50%. But thats just my feeling.

Comment

Only a complete idiot would scoff at another gaming platform when it has so much to offer. I have no respect for any person who calls themselves a gamer and then proceeds to put down other platforms just because THEY THINK their platform offers the superior gaming experience. The real point is that if you are gamer it is not the platform you should be concerned with but the game itself. If the games are fun they cool ... if not then get on the devs but to talk badly about a console just because it is NOT the PC is just stupidity. Gaming is all its really about ... find your platform and go to it but don't put down other platforms just because you don't play on them. I may not like the PS3 much since I don't see many good games for it that are not available on other platforms but I don't belittle it or anyone who plays on the PS3 (I have one but only use it for movies and UT3 ... I haven't even opened Uncharted yet and find other exclusive titles to be weak so far). I do admit as far as consoles go I am much more of a Xboxer than a PS3er but I still play on it (though once the 360 version of UT3 comes out that may not be the case ... but by then SC IV with Vader will be out).

Comment

I wouldn't really agree with that. I would say the smaller minority of dedicated PC gamers (people who play only Pc games) will of course scoff at consoles. But I think many other less dedicated PC gamers (ie. users more open to multi-plat) will support consoles as well. But I suppose that goes without saying.

Let me put it this way. The group of dedicated PC gamers that outright diss and scoff at consoles is probably less than 50%. But thats just my feeling.
                  That's probably true, but I get a poor impression of the community in general since most of the people I know are console-focused, and tend to have had bad run-ins with jacka** PC players. I typically have to reassure them that I'm not an a**hole just because I mainly play on the PC.
                  Console hate is a huge part of the Unreal community, as well. Probably about half of the new features that have been introduced throughout the series have been derroagtorily called "consolish," for instance, and there's typically some kind of uproar amongst the PC base whenever a console version is announced, and sometimes even any time an Epic rep says something nice about any console... The attitude is unmistakable around here.

Comment

I agree that people shouldn't demean other platforms completely. But in the same token the platform you play (PC versus console) is definitely important. Almost as important as the game you are playing in my opinion. I personally recognize that both PC and consoles have strengths and weaknesses. For my purposes PC is the superior platform.

Now in the case where consolers are trying to basically say consoles are better in ways that are obviously/commonly known to be wrong such as being superior in FPS (not just for them but in general, ie. all ppl) I get somewhat annoyed and basically call them noobs sometimes. In the same way that a PC user shouldnt say M/KB is superior in racing games to joysticks on average because thats commonly known to be false.

I think the above scenario is what a lot of PC users deal with and thats why they can often insult console players and come off as jerks.

Comment

They get an extra vCTF/WAR map? Nuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sobs* Give us more vCTF maps!

Comment

I think a lot of it also comes from the slightly newer console crowd coming in and seeming to steal attention, while appearing to have become the favorite, and telling us that our preferred platform, and by association the community as a whole, is inferior and useless. Imagine bordering on the conclusion (or in some cases, being fully possessed of it) that your younger brother was your parent's favorite, then having that brother come to you and tell you why you are inferior. It can get irritating, and lead to just as much antagonism back.
                        I've come to the conclusion that there's just as much elitism on either side, but part of it is that Unreal was a PC game first, but now, by Epic's own admission, it's a console game with the PC as a secondary concern, which causes a lot of tension and aggravation.

Comment

Well analyzed SD, well analyzed.

Comment

Working...
                          X