Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 EXTRAmaps XBOX

all right,

we all know that 2 extra maps, will exist in the xbox version.
    1. VCTF-Coldharbour and
    2. DM-articShip ( real name? i think so)

but now i´ve a question :
    its legal to publish this bonusmaps which are exclusive (for xbox360) by mappers?
    because since i have seen the artworks and screenshots of cold harbour , i really want to play on this maps.

[COLOR="Yellow"(\/)
    (o.o)
    (> <)owned by teh bunny]your opinion?[/COLOR]

WAR-ColdHarbor
    DM-KoosBarge

The 360 version will include 5 extra maps.
    Yes, it's perfectly legal, and in fact common for delayed versions to receive extra content to help boost sales and make-up for a delayed release.

Comment

There are three extra maps (plus two reinvisioned maps).

Read: http://www.beyondunreal.com/articles...-ut3-xbox-360/

Comment

ZOMG they stole Suspense-Necris!

Comment

all right. now we have to wait sice aomeone ports those 5 new maps on pc (ps3) incl. 2new char

Comment

It'll happen eventually

Comment

Will it really ... this is Epic's property and if someone ports it without their permission you can bet they will be banned from the community. Epic did not create tools for the Xbox 360 version which allow you to take that content and transfer it to the PC and PS3 versions for a reason. All this talk about them eventually finding their way to the PS3 and PC platforms is foolishness ... no one at Epic has said such a thing, are you kidding me? Do you folks really think Epic would allow this to go unchallenged and unpunished? I don't recall seeing any of the UC2 maps ported to any of the UT games so why do people think this will be any different. And don't expect Epic to port them to other platforms ... they are EXCLUSIVE to the 360 version.

It is like the folks who kept telling other gamers that Epic would eventually port the new chapter of Gears made for the PC to the 360 ... it was never planned and it never happened. People should be happy with the product they got and stop giving 360 gamers a hard time about getting some extra content in exchange for being able to run user created mods in the same free and easy manner that exists on the PC and PS3. Let us 360 gamers enjoy our content while you folks enjoy playing as Master Chief and Marcus Fenix and Samus, etc. on amazing levels like VCTF-Megastructure, DM-Under2, DM-Xenon, DM-NecrisIsland, War-Valley, CTF-Safeguard, etc., etc., etc. ... these are mods that we 360 gamers will NEVER have so let us enjoy having our own content that others won't get unless they have a 360. I don't understand what the problem is with that. Of course I have all three platforms so I am set (PC for that complete UT3 experience, 360 because I am a 360 console gamer, and PS3 for the mods and ability to play on the big screen and use them) ... but its because I like the base game (oh I have plenty of issues with UT3 don't misunderstand me ... but the core game is solid and fun enough and the maps are addictive what can I say) and am willing to pay to play.

Comment

Once a way is established to cook or transfer maps to the 360 I'm sure the reverse will happen for these new maps and they will be released for PC.

Anuban that is a silly and pointless argument. No UC2 maps were ported because they were different games. The 360 version is basically the same exact game. Now there may indeed be incompatabilities but if mods are to be realized such that maps are being transferred to the 360 I'm sure there will be a way to reverse the process. If there is no way to reverse the process (a one-way cook so to speak) then I agree it will not be possible unless someone really dedicated remakes the maps from scratch.

Gears is a completely different story because there is no such thing as 360 mods + gears.... but with modding coming to 360 the reverse is a possibility. Stop crying about not having content, there are many reports suggesting the 360 will be getting custom content. Also since when have you been such a vehement 360 gamer? I thought you were a pc player? Have you defected to noobville? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Smood View Post
                  Once a way is established to cook or transfer maps to the 360 I'm sure the reverse will happen for these new maps and they will be released for PC.

Anuban that is a silly and pointless argument. No UC2 maps were ported because they were different games. The 360 version is basically the same exact game. Now there may indeed be incompatabilities but if mods are to be realized such that maps are being transferred to the 360 I'm sure there will be a way to reverse the process. If there is no way to reverse the process (a one-way cook so to speak) then I agree it will not be possible unless someone really dedicated remakes the maps from scratch.

Gears is a completely different story because there is no such thing as 360 mods + gears.... but with modding coming to 360 the reverse is a possibility. Stop crying about not having content, there are many reports suggesting the 360 will be getting custom content. Also since when have you been such a vehement 360 gamer? I thought you were a pc player? Have you defected to noobville? LOL.
                  Noobville? That would be the PS3. We Xbox'ers have been playing Unreal for going on 8 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                    Will it really ... this is Epic's property and if someone ports it without their permission you can bet they will be banned from the community. Epic did not create tools for the Xbox 360 version which allow you to take that content and transfer it to the PC and PS3 versions for a reason. All this talk about them eventually finding their way to the PS3 and PC platforms is foolishness ... no one at Epic has said such a thing, are you kidding me? Do you folks really think Epic would allow this to go unchallenged and unpunished? I don't recall seeing any of the UC2 maps ported to any of the UT games so why do people think this will be any different. And don't expect Epic to port them to other platforms ... they are EXCLUSIVE to the 360 version.
                    Haha I bet you a dollar you're wrong!

First off... they've always given the green light to bring in stuff from their other games. With UT3, there isn't even a conflict between publishers (they are the same). Also, I've seen tons of UC2 stuff remade for UT2x by users.

It'll happen.

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                    It is like the folks who kept telling other gamers that Epic would eventually port the new chapter of Gears made for the PC to the 360 ... it was never planned and it never happened.
                    It's nothing like that at all!

Comment

Originally posted by K7L33THA View Post
                      Noobville? That would be the PS3. We Xbox'ers have been playing Unreal for going on 8 years now.
                      How so? As far as I know Unreal started with UC in 2002 on XBOX. In fact the playstation users (PS2) had UT original in 2000 while we PC users had Unreal in 1998.

I'm afraid you'll have to be relegated to noobville and the Playstation users are upgraded to noobletton. On the other hand you guys played UC so that kind of balances things out or maybe shifts things in your favour. But UC is scoffed at by many hardcore UT pc players so I dunno.

Comment

Uc is nohting like ut3, if they think that when play that have another thing comin.

Comment

oh snap they dont have kb/m either. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SeRpEnT_SiCkNeSs View Post
                            Uc is nohting like ut3, if they think that when play that have another thing comin.
                            With UC2 you might have a point. But UC1 was pretty much a direct port of UT2003.

Comment

suurreee...

Comment

Working...
                              X