Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why does UT3 always reset my match & mutator settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does UT3 always reset my match & mutator settings?

I find it quite annoying

It really is. If I used as many mutators and maps as I did with ut2k4, it would be too much work just to set up a match. But nobody has even made that many interesting mutators for this game, anyway. I wonder if they'll ever make the mutator and map lists stick.

Comment

I think it's really really complicated to save the settings in the ini. I can't find any other reason why they haven't implemented this.

Comment

Maybe if Sinx can overcome the lack of options in the UT3 base code, he can finish MapMixer and we can use that to get some of these features back.

Comment

Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
          Maybe if Sinx can overcome the lack of options in the UT3 base code, he can finish MapMixer and we can use that to get some of these features back.
          might sound harsh but otherwise i might just go back to ut2k4 for my mutator pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by E_flex View Post
            might sound harsh but otherwise i might just go back to ut2k4 for my mutator pleasure
            Yeah, because of stuff like this, I don't really have any interest in playing ut3 offline. I downgraded my GPU from a 8800 to a 7950 so I could keep playing ut2k4 without the stuttering that nvidia's 8800 drivers give me.

Man, I read all that stuff about how they realized a large amount of 2k4 players played offline only, and I was under the impression that they were going to improve the offline experience. We kinda got the opposite of that.

Comment

Working...
            X