Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for epic on ps3

Post ideas for epic on how to improve play on the ps3

One idea i have is that epic should take the top ten user created maps and put them on the playstation store and charge a 1.99. This way everyone can get the top maps.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBlackcat View Post
      One idea i have is that epic should take the top ten user created maps and put them on the playstation store and charge a 1.99. This way everyone can get the top maps.

All user Created content should be free. they should put maps on PSN though, more people would get them.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607151 look in here!!

Comment

I don't think they can just take people's work and start charging for it.

Comment

I don't think they can just take people's work and start charging for it.
            They can't. Why not just download the 10 maps for free????

Comment

They should enable a Host to setup a Server where you can cycle different gametypes like Warfare and VCTF without having to re-create the match. That would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                They should enable a Host to setup a Server where you can cycle different gametypes like Warfare and VCTF without having to re-create the match. That would be sweet.
                Yeah thats a good one too. They should have a vote to start option so you can sit in the lobby if you need to for clan wars or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweakd View Post
                  They can't. Why not just download the 10 maps for free????
                  Are you sure theres nothing in the disclamer that when you make a map with there software that it's property of epic.

And for the other question because some people don't want to take the time to download them on their computer and transfer them to the ps3 and a large majority don't know how

Comment

Originally posted by Teckniec View Post
                    All user Created content should be free. they should put maps on PSN though, more people would get them.
                    I know it should but what is going to encourage epic to do it then.
                    Epic is a business and they want to make a profit

Comment

Mod voting also
                      Vote for a certain mod to be on or off

Comment

Are you sure theres nothing in the disclamer that when you make a map with there software that it's property of epic.
                        I'm pretty sure that's not how it is.

Comment

Why not just put like 50 maps on the PSN for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramius View Post
                            Why not just put like 50 maps on the PSN for free?
                            Because they're already available for free. I agree that it's a pain to have to upload to the PS3 one mod at a time but with all the great content that's out there, I think it's worth it. There's a certain element of the PC community that loathe any & all console users, & feel that PC user-created content should remain that way. I've already seen posts flaming us as console users "screaming for content" & "should get their own mod tools & leave the PC modders alone", so I imagine asking them to do something like this for the sake of our convenience is only going to get their backs up more. It's a good idea & it'd be nice to have, but I don't think we'd ever get it.

Besides, I think Mark Rein made a vague allusion to the PS3 mod system getting "improved" at some point in the future, so maybe this will take the form of being able to upload multiple mods at once Fingers crossed

Comment

Those PC modders screaming for console owners to leave them allone are 14 year olds who's just designed their first map.

I've played FPS games on PC for 13 years, and made maps for Counter Strike and UT2003, I'd like nothing more than people playing them on more than one platform.

Thing is, when Phil Harrison worked at Sony he talked about what an open community platform it should be. Now yes we can download maps to UT but... can developers distribute their content on the PSN freely? HEEEEEELLLL NO

Mark Rein has described the horrible certification process they have to go through. And that's not a very open platform is it? I say, if a map freezes the machine, then let the user just experience that, restart the machine on their own and delete the map. Simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                              X